RadioBanter

-   -   Would you really buy from Dan NOW...?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/67125-would-you-really-buy-dan-now.html)

Jeff March 19th 05 04:11 AM

Would you really buy from Dan NOW...??

Let's see...one transaction doesn't go his way, and he launches into a
paranoid tirade, threatening every potential seller on these groups as
retribution.

Now - imagine you're the buyer, and something goes amiss with YOUR
transaction.

Think about it.

There's plenty of other equipment to buy on eBay.

'Nuff said.

Dan Conti March 19th 05 04:25 AM

Let's see...one transaction doesn't go his way, and he launches into a
paranoid tirade, threatening every potential seller on these groups as
retribution.

Now - imagine you're the buyer, and something goes amiss with YOUR
transaction.

Think about it.

There's plenty of other equipment to buy on eBay.

'Nuff said.

Thanks Jeff. Nothing like adding fuel to the fire.

Do you ALWAYS kick someone when they are down?

My reputation speaks for itself. Many, many folks have done business
with me and were more then satisfied, here and on eBay.

I'm the "bad guy of the day" right now because I chose to rant about the
hypocrisy and silly pettiness that occurs here on the newsgroups.

Why do you think I went to eBay, as do most other radio hobbyists to
sell their equipment?

Think about it.

And do you ALWAYS end with "Nuff said?

Mike Burch March 19th 05 04:45 AM

I would buy from him. He is very angry and just venting. I get that
way sometimes also. Mike Burch K8MB

Mace March 19th 05 04:52 AM

I would not buy from him, and after reading all his rants, threats, and
other BS, I'm glad they pulled his listing.

He must have thought he had some sucker hooked on his line at the price he
was going to get, then Ebay cut the line and the fish got away. This is why
he's so mad, muhahahahaha

Dan Conti March 19th 05 04:58 AM

I would not buy from him, and after reading all his rants, threats, and
other BS, I'm glad they pulled his listing.

He must have thought he had some sucker hooked on his line at the price he
was going to get, then Ebay cut the line and the fish got away. This is why
he's so mad, muhahahahaha

I was not looking for a sucker, but trying to explain that to a moron
like you, who only sees rants and BS where there is a legitimate reason
to bitch about no-life losers meddling in the budsiness of others.

Venting? Yes. ****ed off? Big time.

I was only looking to get a reasonable price for the unit, and my Buy It
Now was BELOW what they sell for new, and this is a brand new unit.

As I said once before, it's not my fault if it bid past that amount.
That's the nature of EbAY.

Maybe something like this will happen to you some day.

Dan

DeWayne March 19th 05 07:17 AM

Dan has been selling here for years. I have purchased from him with no
problem. The radio I bought from his was absolutely like brand new and the
price was very good. Every time he posts an ad I make sure to check it out.
Besides, I don't like Ebay either.

DeWayne March 19th 05 07:19 AM

"Dan Conti" wrote in message

[...]

I think a lot of us are on your side Dan! Yes, Ebay sucks!

Secret Squirrel March 19th 05 09:31 AM

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:11:41 -0500, in rec.radio.scanner Jeff wrote:

Let's see...one transaction doesn't go his way, and he launches into a
paranoid tirade, threatening every potential seller on these groups as
retribution.

Now - imagine you're the buyer, and something goes amiss with YOUR
transaction.

Think about it.

There's plenty of other equipment to buy on eBay.

'Nuff said.

He is no worse that most sellers on ebay. I'll never buy from a powerseller.
Ebay is a haven for crooks.

Shush.

Thanks

Sky King March 19th 05 12:04 PM

yes,. ebay does suck every now and then and their fee's keep going up, BUT
there is no other place on the planet that can get you top dollar for
your item.
In fact, many times more than that item is worth. BUT, who is to say
what an item is worth
to someone??

I think a lot of us are on your side Dan! Yes, Ebay sucks!

DeWayne wrote:

.. .

Flatch U. Lance March 19th 05 01:27 PM

wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:11:41 -0500, in rec.radio.scanner Jeff wrote:
He is no worse that most sellers on ebay. I'll never buy from a
powerseller.
Ebay is a haven for crooks.

You got that right! That's why I never do business with Hungarians or hire
anyone but Jewish attorneys. The main thing is to never let my daughter date
Italians. Who needs the Mafia headaches. Moron.

Alex Clayton March 19th 05 08:16 PM

Jeff wrote in message ...
Let's see...one transaction doesn't go his way, and he launches into a
paranoid tirade, threatening every potential seller on these groups as
retribution.

Now - imagine you're the buyer, and something goes amiss with YOUR
transaction.

Think about it.

There's plenty of other equipment to buy on eBay.

'Nuff said.

I have to say I was thinking the same thing. When I read his first rambling
tirade I was suspicious but tried to offer some help. The responses he
launched made me just drop him in the bozo bin and clear the entire thread.
There is no way I would send money to someone like this. He "may" be
"legitimate, but I wonder if he has any idea what an idiot he is making
himself look like? shrug
--
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jason Perry March 19th 05 08:49 PM

:
:Jeff wrote in message ...
: Let's see...one transaction doesn't go his way, and he launches into a
: paranoid tirade, threatening every potential seller on these groups as
: retribution.
:
: Now - imagine you're the buyer, and something goes amiss with YOUR
: transaction.
:
: Think about it.
:
: There's plenty of other equipment to buy on eBay.
:
: 'Nuff said.
:

I wouldn't buy anything from. He's acted like a child, and disrupted
several groups with his crossposting nonsense. Now he's threatening
to be spiteful to other sellers, because he's mad at the world. He
doesn't even know for sure it was someone on usenet that caused his
auction to be canceled.

just me March 19th 05 10:47 PM

Who is dan? Do we need to find him? has someone done a
no no here on this grp? wheres the moderator?

I can find him, who will be the judge, I will find a
juror and then i can execute?

danished off the grps is your penalty? or worse? unplug
his computer?

just me..........

Dan Conti March 19th 05 11:15 PM

just me wrote:
Who is dan? Do we need to find him? has someone done a
no no here on this grp? wheres the moderator?

I can find him, who will be the judge, I will find a
juror and then i can execute?

danished off the grps is your penalty? or worse? unplug
his computer?

just me..........

Yep,

Fellows like those above would do all of that and more if they could.

Full of anger and judgement against someone who never did anything to them.

Don't buy anything from me, please.

It'll go back on eBay soon, and probably fetch a very good price.

More then it would from the cheap, whiny, no-life morons who inhabit
these radio groups.

Dan

Mike Burch March 19th 05 11:30 PM

A lot of us are on your side. If Dan could get 10 or 15% more than he
was asking whats the problem with that? That just the free enterprise
system in action. If you want it bad enough you pay.

KC8GXW March 19th 05 11:37 PM

Dan Conti wrote:
snip

More then it would from the cheap, whiny, no-life morons who inhabit
these radio groups.

Dan

Which, I remind you, that you are 1 of!

Dan Conti March 20th 05 01:46 AM

Dan

Which, I remind you, that you are 1 of!

Inhabit? Yes, but not for long.

Cheap? Whiny? I don't think so...

No life? Yep, since I started this rant.

I wonder why I even bothered. Silly, isn't it?

Dan

Mace March 20th 05 02:17 AM

"Dan Conti" wrote in message
Dan

Which, I remind you, that you are 1 of!

Inhabit? Yes, but not for long.

Cheap? Whiny? I don't think so...

No life? Yep, since I started this rant.

I wonder why I even bothered. Silly, isn't it?

Dan

How about big cry baby?

Dan Conti March 20th 05 02:24 AM

How about big cry baby?

OK "Mace" if you say so...

Cry baby it is....

Jeff March 20th 05 02:38 AM

Marketing is evidently not your strong suit.

Dan Conti March 20th 05 11:41 PM

Marketing is evidently not your strong suit.

THAT was obvious when he posted the FA ad AGAIN,
with less than a day left on the scanner, and it
was ALREADY going for more than a NEW scanner!

He's a greedy asshole, and extremely childish,
and clearly MOST unwilling to change.

Hey BUDSTER...

If you're gonna call me a name, at least do it to me directly, instead
of "Behind my back", like you are here.

You see, I called you an asshole directly, to you face, because let's
face it, you are one.

You STILL have that bug up your arse about that original FA post and the
auction where according to YOU, the radio fetched more then YOU thought
it would fetch.

You're looking more and more like the scumbag you dimed me out. You just
can't let it go , can you? No life is it?

Because other bidders were willing to pay more then even I ever thought
it would bring, that makes me greedy?

I posted the second, one day left FA ad not knowing it was that high,
and even so, as I said once before, what does one do in that case?

Stop the auctio because it bid too high according to NEVER ANONYMOUS BUD?

Should eBay have a mechanism in their auctions limiting how high an item
should go, because maybe someone would be paying too much?

I don't think so. It's an AUCTION, asshole.

By the way, I re-listed the item on eBay yesterday and it sold VERY WELL
, in one day using Buy It Now.

There's my poor marketing skills at work again...

And yea, believe it or not, someone DID nuy from me.

Apparently, not many people read these newsgroups after all.

Dan

Dan Conti March 20th 05 11:45 PM

THAT was obvious when he posted the FA ad AGAIN,
with less than a day left on the scanner, and it
was ALREADY going for more than a NEW scanner!

He's a greedy asshole, and extremely childish,
and clearly MOST unwilling to change.

BTW, a few posts ago you mentioned that you had to remain anonymous
because you were "Cyber-stalked" in the past.

Horse**** if I ever heard it.

But, assuming you were, now I know why.
Ever wonder why yourself?

Dan

farfromsane March 21st 05 01:01 AM

Hey dip****! It's EBAY!! The seller doesn't decide how high the auction
goes!

DUH!

He's greedy for advertising it? WTF??

"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
Using a finger dipped in purple ink, Jeff scribed:

Marketing is evidently not your strong suit.

THAT was obvious when he posted the FA ad AGAIN,
with less than a day left on the scanner, and it
was ALREADY going for more than a NEW scanner!

He's a greedy asshole, and extremely childish,
and clearly MOST unwilling to change.

--

The truth is out there,

but it's not interesting enough for most people.

Dan Conti March 21st 05 02:01 AM

Hey dip****! It's EBAY!! The seller doesn't decide how high the auction
goes!

DUH!

I never SAID he did.

But he DID continue advertising it AFTER it was already TOO high.

That IS 'greedy', but obviously YOU don't have the intelligence to understand that.

See, typical BUDSTER bull****.

This guy doesn't agree with the almighty BUD, so you now demean HIM /
HER as well!

Oh you are SO true to form and predictable.

I'll say it one more time since you are either too dumb to understand,
or only undertsand what YOU want to understand....

But he DID continue advertising it AFTER it was already TOO high.

I "advertised" (another FA post) not knowing it was "too high". And
who are you or anyone else to determine if an item is "too high"???

I can accept criticism for making excessive FA posts on the groups.

But for you to be the arbitor of eBay pricing YOU deem to be too high
speaks volumes about you...

Dan

farfromsane March 21st 05 03:26 AM

Are you the price police? What is "too high"? I've seen plenty of radio
equipment sold daily for prices I feel are "high"... but Ebay (or any other
auction) lets the market decide.

Dan's just advertising. Nothing to do with greed...or intelligence, just
common sense.

You ARE starting to sound like the one who stirred this **** up to begin
with...

"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
Using a finger dipped in purple ink, "farfromsane"

scribed:

farfromsane March 21st 05 05:48 AM

Gosh...strangely enough...I thought this was a swap newsgroup??

wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:26:43 -0800, in rec.radio.scanner "farfromsane"
wrote:

Are you the price police? What is "too high"? I've seen plenty of radio
equipment sold daily for prices I feel are "high"... but Ebay (or any

other
auction) lets the market decide.

Dan's just advertising. Nothing to do with greed...or intelligence, just
common sense.

Dan has made about 300 posts to USENET about 250 of them have been to

advertise
his radios and cameras. In 2001 He was warned by his ISP to stop.

"Dan Conti" wrote in message

Apparently, I can no longer post my equipment FOR SALE in ANY newgroup,
and that is a shame.

Dan

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003!

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003!

farfromsane March 22nd 05 02:14 AM

Uh, OK...

Seriously Bud (all bull**** aside) what do you think is a fair price for
Dan's auction?

Yes, I really do want your opinion.

"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
Using a finger dipped in purple ink, "farfromsane"

scribed:

Are you the price police?

I'll tell you, but it's gonna COST you.

Ah, why bother, you probably couldn't afford the price.

Jeff March 22nd 05 02:29 AM

"farfromsane" wrote in message
Uh, OK...

Seriously Bud (all bull**** aside) what do you think is a fair price for
Dan's auction?

Yes, I really do want your opinion.

There is no such thing as a "fair price" on Ebay. On Ebay the rule
of price is, whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Everyone has seen
outrageous prices being bid on items......... i.e. a new in the box Sony
2010 going for 700-800$. Like it or not it happens. "Value" is in the
hands of the people doing the bidding and no one else. Ebay is not a
retail store where item X sells for price Y.

Jeff

Casper Milquetoast March 22nd 05 08:40 AM

I'd buy something minor from him, but only to get his address.

Philip Knode March 22nd 05 07:53 PM

:Jeff wrote in message ...
[...]

Thats right he is a real asshole when he doesn't get his way.phil

Mace March 25th 05 05:55 PM

"Casper Milquetoast" wrote in message
I'd buy something minor from him, but only to get his address.

Or you could just look here.
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N2TYB

Jim March 25th 05 06:38 PM

Mace wrote:
"Casper Milquetoast" wrote in message

I'd buy something minor from him, but only to get his address.

Or you could just look here.
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N2TYB

That's really low of you! If the person meant to stalk him, well you
just helped a sicko out. What if that's not the same Dan? It would be
bad enough if Dan got stalked because of you, but maybe you just set up
the wrong person, then you can feel twice as bad!

Mace March 25th 05 06:46 PM

"Jim" wrote in message

Mace wrote:
"Casper Milquetoast" wrote in message

I'd buy something minor from him, but only to get his address.

Or you could just look here.
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N2TYB

That's really low of you! If the person meant to stalk him, well you just
helped a sicko out. What if that's not the same Dan? It would be bad
enough if Dan got stalked because of you, but maybe you just set up the
wrong person, then you can feel twice as bad!

Oh spare me!
Dan has been posting with his call sign while selling his wares for years!
It's not my fault the FCC makes that information available to the public.
If you don't want people to know this info then don't post with your call
sign!

cl March 25th 05 06:50 PM

"Jim" wrote in message

Mace wrote:
"Casper Milquetoast" wrote in message

I'd buy something minor from him, but only to get his address.

Or you could just look here.
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N2TYB

That's really low of you! If the person meant to stalk him, well you just
helped a sicko out. What if that's not the same Dan? It would be bad
enough if Dan got stalked because of you, but maybe you just set up the
wrong person, then you can feel twice as bad!

I disagree with your thinking. NOT that "I" am a part of this, but DAN
"does" leave his call sign in his signature at times. Your doubt of his
address being wrong on QRZ is pretty much null and void - unless of course,
he lied to the FCC when filing for a license OR QRZ made a typo. So, "IF"
someone were to want to stalk anyone who handily leaves their call sign, it
wouldn't take much to get an "actual" address. No big secret there! AND if
the QRZ web site is down, easy enough, go to the FCC web site. One way or
another, you can be found. Finding "Dan" is hardly an issue. The only
mistake which is open to make, is if he had someone answer his door for him
and the door knocker mistook him for Dan. IF Dan were to have moved, it is
"his" legal responsibility to inform the FCC of his new address, which if
done, would be put on line via their data base. It is pretty unlikely - if
he followed the rules, that he could run and hide - when leaving his call
sign floating out there.

cl

Dan Conti March 25th 05 07:56 PM

I've attempted to heed the advice of radio hobbyist, newsgroup lurkers
who've e-mailed me off group and advised, for many reasons to let this
thread, and other related threads die.

However, I could not leave these groups without acknowledging just how
low, mean spirited, and sick some of the participants here are.

You can go back 100 years, dig up as many old posts from me as you like.
Since none of you abviously have lives, you have plenty of time for that.

You can accuse me of spamming, taking advantage of new hobbyists, and
any other myriad of crimes to society I've seen you idiots bring up
about me in the last week or so.

But in reality, the worst thing I've ever done on these newsgroups is
post FS and FA listings for equipment to scanner or radio newsgroups,
one of them being a swap group anyway. And, yes, I've crossposted as
well, OK? Asked, answered, I admitted the infraction, and rest assured,
you will see NO posts from me ever agin, let alone FS or FA.
(That proclamation should make you all very happy, but then, who would
you pick on, or BITCH about?)

If I was as bad as you've all convinced yourselves I am, my eBay
feebdack would be a horror show, and you would have dug up many
newsgroups posts complaining about me.

In reality, there are many Good Guy Alert postings, which I notice you
newsgroup detectives conveniently left off your assault against me.

I will quote from an e-mail sent by a trusted radio hobbyist with regard
to these newsgroups...

"Dan, why are you wasting your time with an area of the internet that
has seen it's day, and is a wasteland for idiots, boobs, and morons.
Troublemakers who always remain anonymous?"

Truer words were never spoken.

I've attempted to let this die, but mean spirited morons want to now
publicly discuss ways to obtain my address. Wow. Your hatred runs deep
boys and girls. I pity you.

If any of you brave men or women, as a result of your inquiry into my
address really want to meet with me face to face to discuss these
matters, I have no problem with that at all.

If not, can we let this die now? There are plenty of other folks
spamming, cross posting, and selling items on your beloved groups as we
speak.

Go pick on them for a change.

Dan

Jim March 25th 05 09:24 PM

Dan Conti wrote:
[...]

Don't paint everybody with that brush Dan!

[...]

I see no reason that you shouldn't post anything, heck I don't see
anything wrong with posting FS or FA as long as they are in the header
that way.
The only thing I said to you was even if somebody ratted you out to
Ebay is no reason to turn into an ass and snitch everybody else out. I
understand that you were upset and maybe spoke before you thought it
through. Even if you don't post FS or FA stuff, you still should post if
you felt like sharing your knowledge. Don't worry about the idiots, they
have always been here and they always will be here!

Dan Conti March 25th 05 10:08 PM

I see no reason that you shouldn't post anything, heck I don't see
anything wrong with posting FS or FA as long as they are in the header
that way.
The only thing I said to you was even if somebody ratted you out to
Ebay is no reason to turn into an ass and snitch everybody else out. I
understand that you were upset and maybe spoke before you thought it
through. Even if you don't post FS or FA stuff, you still should post if
you felt like sharing your knowledge. Don't worry about the idiots, they
have always been here and they always will be here!

Thank you for your insight. I made that silly threat in anger, but have
not and will not do to others, as OTHERS have done to me. I believe in
living and LET LIVE.

If the masses were truly annoyed by my FA and FS postings and cross
postings, then I apologize. Hopefully they will also be as vigilant
with others in their attemptsto "clean uo" the groups.

I apologize for the stupid and silly comments in my initial post.

I do believe that my insight and / or knowledge is no longer welcome
here by those who seek to dominate these groups, and as such, I am gone.

Dan

Jeff March 26th 05 11:04 PM

wrote in message ...

I apologize for the stupid and silly comments in my initial post.

I do believe that my insight and / or knowledge is no longer welcome
here by those who seek to dominate these groups, and as such, I am gone.

Dan

Three years ago you said the same thing and here you are still spamming Usenet
with your stolen electronic goods.

" Stolen" electronic goods???? You're a real brave soul for coming
up with that one. I see you're a real brave soul for posting your real
internet address and name. I could even say you're a real asshole,,
but I guess I wont . Ive been on usenet before there was a WWW and
have seen all kinds and have seen it degenerate down to pinheads like
you on these groups and it is truly sad. I dont usually block people but
in your case I believe I will, since you have nothing to offer but BS.

Jeff