Old April 11th 05, 10:12 PM
Tom Terrific

Default FLEA at MIT Sunday April 17th Cambridge MA

Only thing I have ever seen for sale at this roachfest is
CB Junk Radios.

Don't waste your time going.

73,

Tom

Old April 12th 05, 01:23 PM
Winfield Hill

Tom Terrific wrote...

Only thing I have ever seen for sale at this roachfest is
CB Junk Radios.

Don't waste your time going.

Paul and I'll probably be there.

--
Thanks,
- Win
Old April 12th 05, 01:53 PM
Seth H Holmes

In article , Tom Terrific wrote:
Only thing I have ever seen for sale at this roachfest is
CB Junk Radios.

Don't waste your time going.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

--
Seth H Holmes
Old April 12th 05, 03:28 PM

In ne.forsale Tom Terrific wrote:
Only thing I have ever seen for sale at this roachfest is
CB Junk Radios.

If that is all you have ever seen, then your eyes were closed for most of
your visit.

A man wiser than me once said "There is none so blind as he who will not
see".

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
Old April 14th 05, 01:55 AM
Josh Brandt

In article ,
Tom Terrific wrote:

Only thing I have ever seen for sale at this roachfest is
CB Junk Radios.

That's an interesting assertion.

I've been selling stuff there for a couple of years now, and I've never sold
a single CB radio, junk or otherwise.

Computer parts, Macs, synthesizers, audio equipment, video production gear,
unix systems of various sorts, and various cables, sure, but not a single
radio.

Josh
--

Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Old April 15th 05, 11:56 AM
Winfield Hill

Mike Diack wrote...

Do you guys have to pay to go to ham fleamarkets as BUYERS ?
(Here, you pay as a vendor, but buyers get in free...mind you it
pays to be a vendor as you get a headstart of a couple of hours)

No doubt MIT's charge for using the parking lot and garage is
cosiderable. I suppose by charging the buyers the seller's
fee is kept low, which results in lots of individual sellers
with weird interesting stuff, who as it happens don't sell
much, and wouldn't be there if the seller's fees were higher.

--
Thanks,
- Win