Old April 29th 05, 04:14 AM
Mark K3MSB

Default FS: FT-757GX-II / FC-757AT / FP-757HD + Mic

FT-757GX-II HF Transceiver

FC-757AT AutoTuner

FP-757HD Heavy Duty Power Supply

MD-1 Microphone with stand.

Original manuals (with hand annotations) for the FT-757GX-II and the
FC-757AT.

Pix at http://www.qsl.net/k3msb/temp/FT757.JPG

Price: $500 + Shipping. CONUS only.

Here's the details..if this looks like a write up for eBay.well it is. but I
thought I'd offer it direct first.

These items are being sold for a friend, so here's the testing I've
performed:

Transmitter Tests:

CW output is around 100W on all bands.

SSB: Power output with normal voice was around 40W (average) as indicated
on my Drake W-4 wattmeter. Whistling into the mic got nearly 100W peak
output. I made some contacts on USB and LSB and there were no adverse
comments on the audio.

AM & CW: Tuned up as per the manual

Except for the above on the air SSB tests, all transmit tests were performed
into a dummy load with a Drake Wattmeter in-line for power measurements.

Receiver Tests: Received CW, SSB (USB, LSB) and AM OK.

AutoTuner Tests:

Used the AT to load into my home-brew 40/80 Meter dipole and 3 element beam
(10,15, and 20 Meters). As with most auto-tuners, it did a better job when
the SWR was reasonable, but in all cases I was able to bring the SWR down
nicely by manually tweaking the AT after it finished the auto-tune. As the
manual said, I found that I had to pay attention to the Sensitivity
adjustment which affected how well the AT process worked.

General Comments:

The power output readings from the meters on both the transmitter and AT
seemed to read low (I trust my Drake W4...)

Units are overall clean and in good shape, and come with the cables to use
the components listed above.

All items sold "as is". No warranty is expressed or implied. If you have
questions, or desire more photos, please don't hesitate to contact me.

73 Mark K3MSB

wtb: FP 757hd Howard Kowall Swap 0 November 21st 03 03:47 AM
Yaesu 757GX questions Steve Equipment 10 September 14th 03 03:46 AM
Yaesu 757GX questions Steve Equipment 0 September 12th 03 01:53 PM