Old May 5th 05, 03:58 AM
Ken Bessler

Default Good Value?

I'm researching a purchase. The rig is an Alinco DR-610TQ
dual band mobile. Rig comes with no box but everything
else (mobile bracket/mic/manual/power cord). The manual
looks a little tattered and the mobile bracket has some
paint wear near the screw locations but the rig/mic itself
are 100% mint looking. I even looked at the cooling fan
for dust build up - nothing - 100% clean.

The rig is 100% electrically and puts out 48 watts VHF and
37 watts on UHF. Mars cap mod has been done.

I can't find anything derogatory on the net about this rig.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1250 has product
reviews for this rig and they look good.

I found an old QRZ for sale ad asking (and getting) $350
for one of these, used with box but that was in 2003.

I can own this one for $175 with a 30 day return policy.

On the surface this seems too good to be true. Is it?

Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question but I just
mailed Elecraft $700 and I'm cautious about spending
more $$$ this month. Still - I don't want to pass up on
what seems to be a great deal.

--
Just my 2¢ worth... 73's es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055, Digital On Six #350,

Old May 6th 05, 03:16 AM
Jim

FOR $175 GRAB IT
"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
[...]

F.S. More Good Stuff Brian Hill Boatanchors 1 October 31st 08 07:20 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Antenna 0 April 25th 05 03:43 AM
F.S. More good stuff. Brian Hill Swap 0 February 16th 05 05:22 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Antenna 3 January 27th 05 02:39 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] CB 0 January 26th 05 04:35 AM