Old June 11th 05, 06:32 PM
Pops

Default Shortwave receivers for sale: Icom R71A and Sangean ATS-909

Too many radios, not enough time - you know the story.
The Icom R71A is in good condition, and probably a 7 out of 10
cosmetically.
Works good, but does have one problem. Sometimes it loses power,
usually shortly after you turn it on. The problem, and the easy
solution, is explained here
http://www.icomamerica.com/support/t...ng/ic-r71a.asp I'll
take $225 for this radio.
Sangean ATS-909 comes with manual and carrying case if I can find it. I
know its around here somewhere! Its about a 8 out of 10. Radio works
good, but it too has a problem. Sometimes it works just fine with
batteries, sometimes not. I use a universal power adapter I got at
Wal-Mart, but you can get a better one at Radio Shack. I'll take $100
for this radio.
These are both fine radios, and I hate like heck to part with them.
If interested, please email me direct at
Better hurry, I'm liable to change my mind!