Old June 30th 05, 12:33 AM
John

Default TS-2000

I am looking for a Kenwood TS-2000 at a good price. Thanks

Old June 30th 05, 01:00 PM
Big Endian

In article ,
"John" wrote:

I am looking for a Kenwood TS-2000 at a good price. Thanks

what's the maximum you're willing to pay?
Old June 30th 05, 02:44 PM
Woody

the minimum someone will sell one for?

Old June 30th 05, 03:36 PM
John

Around 800-900? Thanks

Old June 30th 05, 04:24 PM
Big Endian

In article ,
"John" wrote:

Around 800-900? Thanks
"Big Endian" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" wrote:

I am looking for a Kenwood TS-2000 at a good price. Thanks

what's the maximum you're willing to pay?

I've got one but I wouldn't let it go for near that. If you find one
you'll be quite happy. It does everything pretty well.

Old June 30th 05, 06:15 PM
Woody

Cheapest on ebay USED is about $1400-1500.
Texas Towers has them for $1589 NEW.
So, maybe you'll luck out and find one used for $1600?
The ham market is downright hysterical sometimes....

rb

PS: add around $500 to that for a 2000x model.
Looks like fair market for one used [non-x] would be about $1100-1200 w/no
accys, depending on age,
but don't expect that unless you find a non-ham selling it, and then you
can't trust it,
so it's a lose-lose situation.

If you must buy a used radio, do GOOD research, find a hamfest and don't be
afraid to laugh in someone's face
when they quote you new price on used equipment.
Otherwise, you'll just have to pony up the cash.

"John" wrote in message
Around 800-900? Thanks

Old June 30th 05, 07:06 PM
John

Thanks Woody, yeah, I know, but was hoping to "luck" out. I have in the
past
"Woody" wrote in message
Cheapest on ebay USED is about $1400-1500.
Texas Towers has them for $1589 NEW.
So, maybe you'll luck out and find one used for $1600?
The ham market is downright hysterical sometimes....

rb

PS: add around $500 to that for a 2000x model.
Looks like fair market for one used [non-x] would be about $1100-1200 w/no
accys, depending on age,
but don't expect that unless you find a non-ham selling it, and then you
can't trust it,
so it's a lose-lose situation.

If you must buy a used radio, do GOOD research, find a hamfest and don't
be afraid to laugh in someone's face
when they quote you new price on used equipment.
Otherwise, you'll just have to pony up the cash.

"John" wrote in message
Around 800-900? Thanks

Old June 30th 05, 07:10 PM
John

what would you let it go for? Thanks
"Big Endian" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" wrote:

Around 800-900? Thanks

Old June 30th 05, 08:03 PM
Big Endian

In article ,
"John" wrote:

what would you let it go for? Thanks

$2000,,,,,just kidding, hi.....

I really don't want to sell it. I use it everyday on UHF and VHF, it's
a reat all round radio and it does pretty well on HF too. It's not the
most user friendly rig though so you'll have to study the manual and be
patient. Lots of dual function buttons, like you push one button then
another to change something. I hope you find one, I don't see too
many used ones around. Try Burghards to see if they might have a used
one and check new prices.

73

"Big Endian" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" wrote:

Around 800-900? Thanks
"Big Endian" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" wrote:

I am looking for a Kenwood TS-2000 at a good price. Thanks

what's the maximum you're willing to pay?

I've got one but I wouldn't let it go for near that. If you find one
you'll be quite happy. It does everything pretty well.

FS Or Trade Johnson Viking Invader 2000 LSB/USB/AM/CW [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 10th 05 07:39 PM
FS: Johnson Viking Invader 2000 LSB/USB/AM/CW .. [email protected] Swap 0 May 2nd 05 08:47 PM
FS: Johnson Viking Invader 2000 LSB/USB/AM/CW [email protected] Swap 0 April 26th 05 11:08 PM
IBRA Radio B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 November 3rd 04 06:43 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM