Old July 3rd 05, 03:41 AM
A.E. 352

Default SK ???

If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key? I'm thinking maybe a Silent Mic (SM), or
maybe even a Silent Echolink Operator (SEO). Or maybe even a Silent
Earth-Moon-Earth (SEME) operator. How about a
Silent-No-Code-Tech-With-Privleges-Above-30megs. (SNCTWPA30M).

Old July 3rd 05, 04:25 AM
Brenda Ann

"A.E. 352" wrote in message
If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key?

I would say yes, since no matter what mode someone uses, or what their
priveleges, they are 'keying' something, whether a bug, iambic, straight
key, microphone or other device..

Old July 3rd 05, 05:25 AM
an_old_friend

A.E. 352 wrote:
If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key? I'm thinking maybe a Silent Mic (SM), or
maybe even a Silent Echolink Operator (SEO). Or maybe even a Silent
Earth-Moon-Earth (SEME) operator. How about a
Silent-No-Code-Tech-With-Privleges-Above-30megs. (SNCTWPA30M).

I certainly hope no one insults me by labeling me a SK after my death (
an event I do not forsee anytime soon

Old July 3rd 05, 04:04 PM
sparkey

Interesting? You must be bored! Or not a ham!

I suggest you take your smart comments and go elsewhere!

I've been a ham for over 27 yrs now, and comments like
you will get any respect from me!

By the way whats your call?

Old July 3rd 05, 09:02 PM
an_old_friend

sparkey wrote:
Interesting? You must be bored! Or not a ham!

I suggest you take your smart comments and go elsewhere!

which coment are you adressing

I've been a ham for over 27 yrs now, and comments like
you will get any respect from me!

By the way whats your call?

gee what is your call. you should be putting that out yourself before
taking anyone else to task

given the stalkers I for one do not put my call on usenet, others
(thanks to stalkers put it out there) but i don't

Old July 3rd 05, 09:15 PM
an_old_friend

Indeed I guess I have returned to Usenet, a death threat for disresting
Morse Code use, in my inbox

Old July 3rd 05, 09:27 PM
Bill Turner

an_old_friend wrote:

given the stalkers I for one do not put my call on usenet

No call = no legitimacy.

--
Bill, W6WRT