Old August 16th 05, 10:29 PM

Default Admiral AM FM Radio Identification

I have an Admiral AM FM tube radio in almost excellent condition,
probably from the late 50's to the mid 60's that I am trying to
identify the model number and/or chassis number, as I need to get a
schematic/troubleshooting and /or alignment information for
troubleshooting purposes. The model number was on a tag attached to the
bottom of the radio that has detoriated with age and this information
is missing. Here is all the information that I have found and/or
identified: (Note: I have pictures of thr radio that I can email)

Mfg.: Admiral (Made in Japan for Admiral)
Serial Number: 522406
Chicago 47, Illinois

Inside the radio, the case is stamped on the top section:
(this looks to be a test or final inspectors stamp as it is in black
ink)

40.11.1
WATABE

Information that is still visible on the tag located on the bottom of
the radio:
Tubes listed:
12AV6 - 1 each
12BA6 - 2 each
12BE6 - 1 each
17EW8 - 1 each
50EH5 - 1 each

Also, on the tag is stamped N40D440-282

The radio is in a wooden case, has 2 speakers (each being 6.4 ohms,
1-1/2 watts and are wired in parallel) one on each side with the
controls and station dial in the center section. The controls are to
the right and the station dial is to the left.

The station dial and controls are vertical with the controls as
follows:
Has 4 Control Knobs: (vertical order listed top to bottom)
(Off/On/Volume)
(Tone)
(AM/FM/AFC/Phono)
(Tuning)

The layout of my radio is similar to Admiral Models YH611 with chassis
number 6M4 and YHC631 or YHC641 with chassis number 6M4A. The main
differences that I can identify is that in these units the controls are
shown horizontal on the bottom of the chassis with the AM antenna
shown on the right side of the chassis. The radio I have the controls
are in the center on a separate bracket located in the middle of the
chassis and are mounted vertically. The AM antenna is mounted with a
clear plastic standoff which slides over the top of the large capacitor
located in the center of the chassis.

My radio is wired the same as the models I listed above, all hard
wiring......no printed circuit boards.

On the back there is a Phono input jack as well as FM antenna
terminals.

The dimensions of the radio a
14 inches wide by 5.5 inches deep by 8 inches tall.

This is all the information that I have found or identified; any help
in identifying the model number and/or chassis number of this radio is
greatly appreciated.

Old August 20th 05, 04:44 AM

Hi there,

I can't help much based on your decription alone even though you have
done a great job considering the information that you have there.

I have a book that has many photographs and if you care to take a
picture and email to me I will see if I can assist.

Regards,
Greg

Old August 21st 05, 12:26 PM
Piratetc

Semiole..I just sent you a email with the picture attached...any help
is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom