Old September 1st 05, 10:25 PM
Charlie Hugg

Default FS Ham IV Price Reduced

FS a CDE Ham IV Rotor and Control Box. It has not been used in several years
and will need lubing and the cable terminal board on the Rotor will need
replacing. Some of the screws on the terminal board have rusted. The Control
Box is in good shape and the
Rotor has only been used a couple of years before being stored. It should
clean up and make a very
nice, strong unit.A copy of the manual is included. Digital pictures are
available. Price is $175 plus shipping from 79602. Thanks, Charlie Hugg,
K5MBX

Old September 1st 05, 11:00 PM

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:25:29 UTC, "Charlie Hugg"
wrote:

It has not been used in several years
and will need lubing and the cable terminal board on the Rotor will need
replacing. Some of the screws on the terminal board have rusted. The Control
Box is in good shape and the
Rotor has only been used a couple of years before being stored. It should
clean up and make a very
nice, strong unit.

Have you hooked it up to make sure the wire wound resistor
in the top of the bell is making good contact? Symptoms would
be that the needle on the control box will not move smoothly
when moved throughout its travel.

Very interested in it. Any idea what Parcel Post shipping would be
to VE3 (Ontario Canada)?

Thanks, Tedd, VE3TJD

Old September 2nd 05, 01:24 AM
Ed

It has not been used in several years
and will need lubing and the cable terminal board on the Rotor will
need replacing. Some of the screws on the terminal board have rusted.
The Control Box is in good shape and the
Rotor has only been used a couple of years before being stored. It
should clean up and make a very
nice, strong unit.

Have you hooked it up to make sure the wire wound resistor
in the top of the bell is making good contact? Symptoms would
be that the needle on the control box will not move smoothly
when moved throughout its travel.

I just rebuilt my CDE Ham II rotor. I would suggest that the reason
that wirewound resistor causes a fluctuating meter in the control unit is
due to poor connection on the rivits which connect that resistor in the
circuit. I fixed mine by simply using a punch to tighten the rivit
connections.

PS: have been thinking of listing mine here, too. Will wait to see
if the Ham IV sells.

Ed K7AAT
Old September 2nd 05, 04:44 PM

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:24:43 UTC, Ed
wrote:

I just rebuilt my CDE Ham II rotor. I would suggest that the reason
that wirewound resistor causes a fluctuating meter in the control unit is
due to poor connection on the rivits which connect that resistor in the
circuit. I fixed mine by simply using a punch to tighten the rivit
connections.

I have 2 other Ham IV rotors Ed, and both had to have the
resistor replaced, due to the resistance wires breaking at
either or both ends. It's next to impossible to reattach.

At about $40, it's not a bad deal, but it's such a pain to
change! Of course at the same time you want to repack
the bearings.