Old December 7th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
AL G.

Default FS: RM Italy HLA-300

Ideal for FT-817 / IC-703 to add some oommpppfff for home or automobile!
Built-in 6 Band bandpass (auto band or manual choice), drive: 5-10w or
20-25w, output 250-300w depending band used, 1.8 thru 29mhz, 14v @ 40A
drain. Sell only to licensed amateur radio 'op'. Never used mobile, like new
condx : bought 600w output solid state to replace this amp. $250. shipped
from WNY. See : www.rmitaly.com Page 5, HLA-300. ERG

Old December 8th 05, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Douglas Gavilanes

AL G. wrote:

Ideal for FT-817 / IC-703 to add some oommpppfff for home or automobile!
Built-in 6 Band bandpass (auto band or manual choice), drive: 5-10w or
20-25w, output 250-300w depending band used, 1.8 thru 29mhz, 14v @ 40A
drain. Sell only to licensed amateur radio 'op'. Never used mobile, like new
condx : bought 600w output solid state to replace this amp. $250. shipped
from WNY. See : www.rmitaly.com Page 5, HLA-300. ERG

I had the 500W version of one of these. David, at the factory in
Milano, told me over the phone that they were broadbanded and covered 10
through 80M well. I found out the hard way that efficiency on the RM
Italy amps drops off substantially as you get away from the design
target 10M (read "11M") band. They're really designed for 11M CB use
overseas, and nothing else. I retired this unit after finding out what
the limitations were (like 12W SSB input max, not 50W like the regs.
state, and only getting 100 - 120W on 40M with 12W max. input, even
though the amp is a 500W unit). I finally bought an Ameritron ALS-500
with remote. Best money I ever spent, for what it's worth. I do miss
the built-in RX preamp, though.

73,

Doug Gavilanes, N6XQY
GArden Grove, CA.

Old December 8th 05, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
AL G.

Default RM Italy HLA-300

I disagree Douglas.
This amp works very well, all bands 160-10M. Is "not" CB design, this unit
HAS 6 bands of BANDPASS switching unlike the CB versions.
So WHAT's your BEEF? You on a rampage agin RM Italy or what. Why bother us
about it. Your choice to be disasatisfied with what ever you looked at.
Besides...who asked you and where do qualify to try commenting / criticizing
if you never owned one?
Is todays generation eh! Find something useful to do--no one cares about
your comments / critique.

AL

Old February 6th 10, 11:51 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL G. View Post

"AL G." wrote in message
Ideal for FT-817 / IC-703 to add some oommpppfff for home or automobile!
Built-in 6 Band bandpass (auto band or manual choice), drive: 5-10w or
20-25w, output 250-300w depending band used, 1.8 thru 29mhz, 14v @ 40A
drain. Sell only to licensed amateur radio 'op'. Never used mobile, like

new
condx : bought 600w output solid state to replace this amp. $250. shipped
from WNY. See :
www.rmitaly.com Page 5, HLA-300. ERG

Is this amp still for sale?

Utillity freq List; NORMAN TRIANTAFILOS Shortwave 3 May 14th 05 03:31 AM
cryptovoice in italy roberto Scanner 0 November 5th 04 08:57 PM
Kenwood DRU-2 & DRU-3 wanted (Italy) Rightrik Equipment 0 October 7th 04 08:16 PM
Kenwood DRU-2 & DRU-3 wanted (Italy) Rightrik Equipment 0 October 7th 04 08:16 PM
Recent logs from Milano, Italy Michele IZ2EAS Shortwave 0 February 29th 04 11:22 PM