Old December 20th 05, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Avery W3AVE

Default FS: Collins gear

The new issue of QST has a writeup of the 75A-4. If it made you yearn
for one, here's a beauty. I also have a nice S-Line. There are no known

issues with any of the gear other than as indicated in the
descriptions.

75A-4: SN 1917, restored electrically and cosmetically in May 1999 by
Howard Mills W3HM. Spinner, 4:1 vernier, 4.0, 2.1, 500 Hz filters. The
500 Hz filter is from an R-390A, adapted to plug in. All Black Beauties

and out-of-tolerance components were replaced, the chassis and cans
were cleaned and polished, the power transformer and filter choke were
repainted, the cabinet and front panel were bead-blasted and repainted,

new labels for all controls were silkscreened, the drum decal was
replaced, and Collins service updates (e.g. removing B+ from the
mechanical filters) were implemented, along with various improvements
to the AGC and elsewhere. All work documentation is included, as are
two original manuals, one from October 1955 and one from July 1957. No
idea which one actually goes with the receiver, but considering the
mods and updating I'm not sure it matters. Price: $1600 OBO.

A charge of approximately $55 will be added for foamed-in-place packing

to protect the receiver in transit. Shipping charges are additional.
The individual S-Line units are lighter and would cost less for each,
but there would be four separate charges. Alternatively, I will deliver

within 50 miles of Washington, D.C., or pickup can be arranged.

Digital photos available.

270-G2 Mort Jones repro matching speaker, very good condition, $225, or

$175 purchased with 75A-4. Will be shipped conventionally, no
foam-in-place.

Digital photos available.

S-Line:
75S-3B, winged emblem, serial no. 16957, CCA VG (top left corner of
front trim ring has a small scuff; finger ring needs bare spots
retouched; small mark at top front of cabinet). One 2.1 filter.
32S-3, winged emblem, can't read serial number, CCA VG in appearance.
516F-2 power supply, in round emblem cabinet. CCA VG (trim ring
slightly yellowed). Warranty stub still on power cord.
312B-4 control unit, winged emblem, CCA VG (scuff mark at top rear
corner of left side).

All manuals included. Riser feet supplied for receiver and transmitter.

Buyer of the entire combination also gets a complete set of new
interconnecting cables, including interconnect for 30L-1 and a
never-installed Dave Ishmael dual-fan cooling add-on for 32S-3. Price
for all four is $2200 OBO.

A charge will be added for foamed-in-place packing for all units to
protect them in transit. I'm guessing that the cost will be
approximately $40-$45 per unit, but will have to check further.
Shipping charges are additional. Alternatively, I will deliver within
50 miles of Washington, D.C., or pickup can be arranged.

Digital photos available.

Home: 301-983-2407
Office: 202-955-2609

Avery W3AVE
Potomac, Md.

Old January 17th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Carl Domanico

Avery you still have the s line
Carl
Old January 20th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
SHb

More Collins S Line 4Sale at
http://electronicparts.homestead.com/

Old January 21st 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Avery W3AVE

Carl,

I sold the 516F-2 but have the other units, which I will sell as a
package for $1650 (including the set of cables and the cooling fan).
I've also decided that foam-in-place packaging is not necessary.

I will also break up the package and sell the individual components:

75S-3B $675
32S-3 $625 with cooling fan (uninstalled)
312B-4 $400

Complete cable set $65

FS: Collins gear Avery W3AVE Boatanchors 0 December 20th 05 04:30 PM
FS: Collins gear M. Kassay Swap 0 September 28th 05 02:24 AM
FA: 4 to 1 Gear Assembly and Knob For Collins 75A-4 W9zr Swap 0 November 23rd 03 05:55 PM
Collins gear on rec.audio.tech John Walton Homebrew 0 August 28th 03 03:27 PM
Collins gear on rec.audio.tech John Walton Homebrew 0 August 28th 03 03:27 PM