Old January 2nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,alt.ham-radio.marketplace
Rick Frazier

Default FS: Icom IC-751 160-10m 100W "Tech Special"

Time to clean up the shack and pay for some new toys. Offering several
items here first, then unsold items go to eBay.

Icom 751 Transceiver "Tech Special". All Band & Mode 160-10 Meter 100
Watt Transceiver.

This is a Tech Special because a couple of things don't seem to work
right. Receives and Transmits fine, but can't write to the memories and
changing bands requires going to General Mode and cranking the tuning
knob. This unit has standard filters, SM-6 Desk Mike, the optional
internal AC power supply and a printed copy of the manual. This unit
has the one wire general coverage transmit mod done so will transmit on
60 Meters. The unit worked fine when taken out of service, and sat on a
shelf for about six months before I powered it up again, and now it acts
as described above. Probably someting simple, but I don't have the test
equipment or time to look into it. Shipping weight would be about 28
lbs.

Asking $310 delivered to your location in the United States via USPS
Priority Mail. $310 cost includes shipping of $58 for the transceiver.
Shipping from Hawaii, so shipping time typically is 3-6 days for most US
locations.

Reply to me directly or call my cellular at 808-640-3549 if interested.
I can accept credit cards through my company and would prefer credit
card purchase. Other payment methods would delay shipping.

Thanks
--Rick AH7H

Old January 2nd 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,alt.ham-radio.marketplace
Rick Frazier

Forgot to add:

Unit from Non Smoking Shack.

Thanks
--Rick

Old January 2nd 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,alt.ham-radio.marketplace
Bill Turner

Old January 3rd 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,alt.ham-radio.marketplace
Rick Frazier

Bill:

Though I did see the smiley....

No, no smoke from the unit at all. Just a relatively strange behavior.
If I were guessing I'd probably think something along the likes of a
connector that needs re-seated inside, not something catastrophic
involving releasing the "magic smoke" that makes electronics gadgets
function.....

--Rick

Bill Turner wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 02:45:37 GMT, Rick Frazier
wrote:

Forgot to add:

Unit from Non Smoking Shack.

Except from the rig, you mean. :-)