Old January 13th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
-=H=-

Default Anyone parting out a Drake 2A or 2B receiver?

Anybody parting out a Drake 2A or 2B receiver?

I need a cabinet and a set of knobs for a 2B that I'm
bringing back to life. It was damaged during shipment
due to very poor packing. The condition of the paint
on the cabinet is not important, as long as the metal
is not dented, bent, or badly rusted (light surface
rust is okay). I'll strip and repaint it. The knobs
need to be good ones with no cracks and decent chrome.

Can somebody help me out here?

73,
Dean K5DH

Old January 13th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dale Parfitt

"-=H=-" wrote in message
Anybody parting out a Drake 2A or 2B receiver?

I need a cabinet and a set of knobs for a 2B that I'm
bringing back to life. It was damaged during shipment
due to very poor packing. The condition of the paint
on the cabinet is not important, as long as the metal
is not dented, bent, or badly rusted (light surface
rust is okay). I'll strip and repaint it. The knobs
need to be good ones with no cracks and decent chrome.

Can somebody help me out here?

73,
Dean K5DH

Hi Dean,
Sorry to hear of the damage to the Drake.
If you end up repainting ( and you likely know this) use a Rustoleum Auto
Gray Primer over the bare metal and follow it with Rustoleum satin black
#7777- a very nice match for the 2A/2B- perhaps 2 coats with wet sanding in
between to remove any dust/dirt. MY painter lost my silk screen and artwork
for the 2B, so no more front panels.

GL,
Dale W4OP