Old February 5th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Michael Melland, W9WIS

Default FS: MEL PRC-2000 HF Manpack and Accessories

FS: An EXCELLENT PRC-2000 by MEL in the UK. The
PRC-2000 is a recent military HF manpack transceiver.
It transmits CW, SSB and data and has an automatic
antenna tuner for whip antennas internal. This one was
one of the last built (1992) and has all of the latest
updates. The radio was new when I received it two
years ago and except for a few handling marks from
storage that were there when I got it it's in like new
condition. The radio comes with the handset, AB-129
antenna flex/shock base, AT-271A 2.4 meter whip
antenna, British issue DPM Radio Pack with accessory
and side pouches plus a copy of the service manual and
a newer manual on CD. In addition, I am including an
operator's manual copy, vehicular/base shock protected
mounting base (has quick release for grab and go), two
new, $130 custom 15 volt battery packs made from Sanyo Cadnica NiCad
batteries (5 A/Hr - lasts me a weekend+ of use), extra connectors to make
"in the radio"
recharging possible and an external power connector.

You can't find a nicer PRC2000 available... $2000 plus
shipping. These are available in the UK again for
about $2100 but without the $500 wort of batteries,
manuals and extra accessories I'm including.

See a pic of the radio and get more info from my sales
brochure link he
http://home.centurytel.net/w9wis/prc2000.html

Mike, W9WIS

--