Old May 21st 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Michael Melland, W9WIS

Default FS: Icom R8500 Wideband Receiver + Austin Antenna Ferret Antenna

I am selling my ~four year old Icom R8500 (100 kHz to
1.3 GHz) to finance some other projects. It works
perfectly, no problems, cosmetics near perfect. It
has been used very little overall the past two years
as I moved to a newly built home and have only
recently put my radio room together... all but my new
Austin Ferret base antenna grin.

It performs great and is surprisingly good at HF
unlike most wideband receivers. It really shines on
VHF and above. It is cell blocked and unmodified....
and has the Icom 500 Hz CW filter installed.

If you are interested, send me a private email so as
not to clutter up the group. $875 plus shipping....
$1050 with a new, unused Austin Antenna Fettert
wideband base antenna plus shipping (antenna alone
$200).

R8500 information he

http://www.icomamerica.com/products/receivers/r8500/

Austin Ferret Antenna Information he

http://www.austinantenna.net/scanner.htm

Reviews of both are on eHam.net

Mike

Michael Melland, W9WIS
Redgranite, WI USA EN54lc
http://home.centurytel.net/w9wis/
'Non Sibi Sed Patriae'

I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
Imax ground plane question Vinnie S. CB 151 April 15th 05 05:21 AM