Old March 22nd 04, 01:00 AM
Bob Wood

Default Hi-Gain 40M coils

I have somewhere along the line of many years of collecting stuff acquired
two new Hy-Gain 40M antenna traps or coils assemblies that are marked as
40M-ASSY-877234. The devices are 44" long and approximately 1-1/2 inch in
diameter. I have to assume they were intended for a 40M beam or rotatable
dipole antenna. Does anyone have any information on these or suggestions
for utilizing them in a 40M rotatable, single element antenna design. I
hate to just keep them lying around but not sure what to do with them at
this time.

Bob Wood
W5QCP
Alamogordo, NM

Old December 15th 11, 09:27 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wood View Post
I have somewhere along the line of many years of collecting stuff acquired
two new Hy-Gain 40M antenna traps or coils assemblies that are marked as
40M-ASSY-877234. The devices are 44" long and approximately 1-1/2 inch in
diameter. I have to assume they were intended for a 40M beam or rotatable
dipole antenna. Does anyone have any information on these or suggestions
for utilizing them in a 40M rotatable, single element antenna design. I
hate to just keep them lying around but not sure what to do with them at
this time.

Bob Wood
W5QCP
Alamogordo, NM
Hi Bob
This is my first posting here so I hope it's readable :-)
I too, have exactly the same traps and have no info on them :-(
I really would like to put them to use as I don't have much yard space to take on a full size 40m dipole. Ideally I would need to know what length of wire is needed on either side of the traps ? Hope you (and others), read my plea of help.
Kind regards
Eldred ZS1DJ
Email:
Skype: ellyboy56
Old December 16th 11, 04:17 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldred ZS1DJ View Post
Hi Bob
This is my first posting here so I hope it's readable :-)
I too, have exactly the same traps and have no info on them :-(
I really would like to put them to use as I don't have much yard space to take on a full size 40m dipole. Ideally I would need to know what length of wire is needed on either side of the traps ? Hope you (and others), read my plea of help.
Kind regards
Eldred ZS1DJ
Email:
Skype: ellyboy56
Hi Bob
I found details of the traps you and I have.
They are the traps that belong to the Hi Gain 2BDQ-S dipole antenna.
Check out this .pdf file for details.
http://www.comdac.com/literature/hy-gain/dp-2bdq.pdf
Regards
Eldred

These loading coils theories Stef Antenna 24 February 8th 04 10:57 PM
Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
Reflection Coefficient Smoke Clears a Bit Dr. Slick Antenna 126 September 10th 03 04:26 PM
Eznec modeling loading coils? Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 August 18th 03 02:40 AM
phasing coils Antenna 2 July 25th 03 04:06 AM