Old February 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
Rob R.

Default Sony 2010 help please

Just got a Sony 2010 off eBay and when you turn it on, you can hear a hiss
in the background, but nothing works, except the clock is running, although
I can't set it. If I turn the volume up the hiss goes up, but none of the
buttons work, no matter which one I push nothing happens...none of the
direct tuning buttons, or the memory presents, scans , bands, nothing! I've
got another Sony 2010 that works perfectly so I know how to use the radio
and I've looked inside regarding the Error 3 message that some people have
reported on but that isn't it...something is truly amiss...any suggestions
will be much appreciated. Is there some kind of reset switch anywhere...I
forget??
Thank you.
Rob R.

Old February 2nd 04, 10:50 PM
Bb

Try removing all power sources from the unit, including the computer
batteries, for a few minutes. I think that amounted to "ctrl alt del" on
that little gem.

nk.net...

Old February 2nd 04, 11:42 PM
Eric Ferguson

I once had my 2010 do this and it turned out that one of the buttons was
jammed down on one side. Nothing worked. I just happened to look at the
receiver with illumination coming from a different angle, and that's when I
noticed the cockeyed button. Wiggled it a little bit and it popped out from
what it had been stuck on (under?). It really wasn't noticeable under
*normal* lighting conditions.

Hope what ever is wrong with your 2010 is a *simple* fix. Eric KA6USJ

--
Tune Out .KBHR to reply me

Old February 3rd 04, 03:31 AM
B Banton

Take the screws off the back and hit it with an air compressor.

Old February 3rd 04, 06:26 AM
starman

Bb wrote:

Try removing all power sources from the unit, including the computer
batteries, for a few minutes. I think that amounted to "ctrl alt del" on
that little gem.

A few hours or overnight would be better, just to make sure everything
discharges. You could speed up the process by shorting (connecting) the
two 'AA' battery terminals with all the batteries out and the AC adapter
disconnected.

nk.net...

Old February 3rd 04, 01:16 PM
CAndersen (Kimba)

B Banton wrote:

Take the screws off the back and hit it with an air compressor.

What would you recommend? Ingersoll-Rand?

--
Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
Old February 4th 04, 11:45 PM
Brian Hill

"B Banton" wrote in message

Take the screws off the back and hit it with an air compressor.

WAFDA

Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07 Rob R. Shortwave 2 January 2nd 04 12:01 PM
How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: New Sony 2010 KE2WG Shortwave 0 October 4th 03 11:36 AM