Old December 31st 03, 02:33 PM
Rob R.

Default Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07

I have an 11 year old Sony 2010 that works beautifully and is in great
shape, but I just bought a Sony SW07 at a price I couldn't resist. I only
need one radio so which one do I keep...Is the SW07 equal to the 2010??? I
listen to a lot of shortwave around the house, carry the radio with me from
room to room, don't travel much, and want good quality reception, similar to
or better than the 2010, if that is possible. Is the SW07 advanced enough in
technology to make it worth switching?? Thanks for any thoughts on
this...such a decision :-)
RR in Oregon

Old December 31st 03, 03:09 PM
Ron Hardin

I don't have the SW07 but have the SW100E, and the 2010 synch detector is far better
and the 2010 is far more sensitive. I think the tiny radios are mostly toys that work
okay sort of, if I had to guess.

Today's small radios are probably better. These were great for their time and size.
--
Ron Hardin

Old January 2nd 04, 12:01 PM
Stephan Grossklass

"Rob R." schrieb:

I have an 11 year old Sony 2010 that works beautifully and is in great
shape, but I just bought a Sony SW07 at a price I couldn't resist. I only
need one radio so which one do I keep...Is the SW07 equal to the 2010???

Well, there shouldn't be a *huge* difference...

listen to a lot of shortwave around the house, carry the radio with me from
room to room, don't travel much, and want good quality reception, similar to
or better than the 2010, if that is possible. Is the SW07 advanced enough in
technology to make it worth switching?? Thanks for any thoughts on
this...such a decision :-)

I'd compare them and keep the one I like better... though maybe you
suddenly do need more than one radio... (Do keep in mind that these
rigs are very different and likewise suited for different tasks.)

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MiB, 110W

How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM
$135 Sony 7600GR or $370 Grundig 800 or used $210 Sony 2010 Rambler Shortwave 7 October 15th 03 12:14 PM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: New Sony 2010 KE2WG Shortwave 0 October 4th 03 11:36 AM