Old September 15th 04, 11:52 PM
Juan Gonzalez

Default KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230

Just wondering if anyone else has these 3 radios and what they think.
I like all 3 for different reasons but if I had to keep one it would be
the Kaito 1102. It's more sensitive than the Sangean on SW. The Tecsun is
about the same on SW but it's AM and FM is bad. There are AM stations you
can hear clearly on the Kaito that you can barely notice on the Tecsun.
The Sangean is by far the best on FM when using headphones. What I like
most about the Tecsun is that on SW it's as good as the Kaito if not
better and the speaker has better sound. Also when you save memories it
goes to the next one not in use so you don't save it over another one by
mistake. With the Kaito you have to guess. Only the Kaito has SSB and it
works very well so that's antoher reason it's the best of this group.

In summary:

AM
1- Kaito
2- Sangean
3- Tecsun

FM
1- Sangean
2- Kaito
3- Tecsun

SW
1- Tecsun
2- Kaito
3- Sangean

Features
1- Kaito
2- Tecsun
3- Sangean
Old September 16th 04, 12:14 AM
Diverd4777

Juan:

I have the Sangean 606A and a SONY AN-LP-1:
I believe this combination is * almost * unbeatable for price / features/
Portability

Dan / NYC

In article , Juan Gonzalez

Subject: KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230

Old September 16th 04, 03:30 AM
Weebles

"Juan Gonzalez" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone else has these 3 radios and what they think.

I have the Tecsun PL230 and while it is built
rather well, the performance has been typical
of China made radios. AM BCB sensitivity
is poor to marginal and shortwave adjacent
station interference is noted. Get a good Sony
or Sangean radio instead. The Tecsun is a
waste of $$$.

Old September 16th 04, 05:41 AM
Juan Gonzalez

Dan wrote in
:

There is no performance "typical of China made radios". There are
great, good and bad radios. Just like everything else.

I agree, that other guy either didn't have those radios or didn't know how
to judge them.

Old September 17th 04, 04:18 AM
Buzzygirl

"Howard" wrote in message

If the boyfriend hasn't used it maybe you should keep the radio and
get a different boyfriend 8-}

Heh... he's a good egg... just not much into radio. Thank goodness with both
share an addiction for astronomy equipment!

Jackie

Tecsun PL-230 (Grundig YB-550) Review (NEW RADIO) Judah Smith Shortwave 10 October 7th 05 02:32 PM
Tecsun PL200 and PL230 /* frank */ Shortwave 1 August 9th 04 01:22 PM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
First impressions: KA1102 Jackie Shortwave 5 March 6th 04 08:10 PM
Kaito KA1102 arrived today Michael Shortwave 9 November 22nd 03 04:31 PM