Old October 30th 05, 04:28 PM

Default Eton E1 question (may be OT?)

I have posted this on the E1 Yahoo group as well, but I thought I'd ask
here, too. If you can duplicate it, let me know here. If not, I will
probably be exchanging my radio.

Whenever I switch the radio on to the XM option, whether just turning
it on, or switching from any other band to XM, after about 2 seconds, I
hear a distinct high-pitched tone coming from the speaker area of the
radio. This is regardless of volume - even turned all the way down, it
is still there. I also discovered that it is even louder when
headphones are plugged in, again with the volume all the way down. The
noise does NOT occur while powered on batteries; nor does it occur on
any other band selection - just XM. On talk stations, or other quiet
programming, it is very noticeable, and very annoying.

Is my hearing that good, or is this one just in need of repair?

(It's serial number 941, BTW.)

Marked as OT for the SWL purists out there... ;-)

Old October 30th 05, 08:44 PM
RHF

Salty Dog,

Hearing a High-Pitched Sound inside the Eton E1 Radio when using XM ?

Put a Ferrite Snap-On Chokes on both the
DC Power Lead of the AC Adapter and on
the XM Antenna Cable.

First - Try the DC Power Lead of the AC Adapter
about Six Inches from the DC Output Plug.

Second - Try the XM Antenna Cable about
Six Inches from the XM Antenna Plug.

If this does not work then do as "GA" says :
Phone Eton Tech Support at: 1.800.872.2228 (USA)

e1'ing you all ~ RHF

.. . .
..
. .
..
.. . . Out !

All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
Where the Topic is the Eton 'Elite' E1 Receiver
with XM Satellite Radio. = http://tinyurl.com/9lfd7
Old October 30th 05, 09:43 PM

Wait a minute! High pitched squeals from a $500.00 E1 radio? Now I Know
I am not going to fork over that kind of moola for a radio like that,no
matter what some people say about those plastic radios.Too Much Money
For The Amount Of Bread,is what I say.
cuhulin