Old February 22nd 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 162 kHz good tonight!

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

Old February 22nd 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:42:26 -0500, Jim Shaffer wrote:

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

If you are interested to view pictures from 162 kHz Allouis - France, you can
go on my web site :

http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud/am/a...fr-allouis.htm

The text in in french, but they are many pictures since the 30's for this
broadcasting center

Emetteurs radio et TV :
http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud
Old February 23rd 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 21, 11:42 pm, Jim Shaffer wrote:
France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. In fact, it's the first time I've
heard a longwave station clear enough that I would have 100% copy if
my French was better Other western European LW stations are coming
and going just above the noise as they usually do. My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

That antenna is new to me, do you have any website links to take a
look at it?

BTW, nice catch!

Old February 23rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

France Inter's 2 megawatts ERP is relatively booming in to central
Pennsylvania tonight at 0435 UTC. I

In fact , at this time, the power was 1 MW.

During winter, 162 kHz is using 1 MW during night time in Europe :
1700-0500 UTC.

In summer, it's 1 MW : 1900-0400 UTC.

Modifications between winter/summer are at the equinox.

Emetteurs radio et TV :
http://perso.orange.fr/tvignaud
Old February 24th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 22 Feb 2007 18:16:02 -0800, "willismat"
wrote:

My antenna is a
Longwave Engineering H-800 Skymatch outdoor active vertical E-field
probe.

That antenna is new to me, do you have any website links to take a
look at it?

I meant to say "LF Engineering". Their products are at
http://www.lfengineering.com/products.htm

F.S. More Good Stuff Brian Hill Boatanchors 1 October 31st 08 07:20 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Antenna 0 April 25th 05 03:43 AM
F.S. More good stuff. Brian Hill Swap 0 February 16th 05 05:22 PM
Pretty good conditions tonight.... [email protected] Shortwave 19 December 10th 04 09:15 AM
FS: Books, magazines, manuals Eugene Rippen Swap 0 October 10th 04 09:13 PM