Old August 1st 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default ARRL 1944 handbook for sale

no cover. first $ 10 plus postage gets it .

my zip = 06705

tnx WALT ex- K1RTS
Old August 1st 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jul 31, 8:44�pm, walt wrote:
no cover. � �first $ 10 plus postage gets it .

my zip = 06705

tnx WALT ex- K1RTS

contact me at wbelsito at juno dot com
Old August 1st 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 7/31/08 5:44 PM, in article
, "walt"
wrote:

no cover. first $ 10 plus postage gets it .

my zip = 06705

tnx WALT ex- K1RTS

If I recall right, the 1944 issue had some power line carrier transmission
equipment schematics. $10 is a bargain for some interesting history.

Old August 1st 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jul 31, 8:44�pm, walt wrote:
no cover. � �first $ 10 plus postage gets it .

my zip = 06705

tnx WALT ex- K1RTS

this is sold already.
Old August 4th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Michael Black wrote:

I can't remember the publishing history, I'd suspect unless they
could sell the handbook as a training aid for the radio men
in the military, they likely didn't publish a handbook every year.

Michael VE2BVW

I have a copy of a 1942 edition of the ARRL Handbook which is thinner
than usual and headed "Special Defense Edition". The content is strong
on theory.

Simon VK2UA