Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 5th 03, 12:42 AM
Walter

Default Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only?

Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only?

I have a 500 foot SkyWire Loop Antenna, about 30 feet off the ground
and I have it fed with Coax. I will only be using it to receive
Shortwave broadcasts from 2Mhz to 30Mhz. It will never be used to
transmit.

My questions are :

(1) Will using a Ladder Line instead of Coax improve my reception?

(2) If so, where do I change to coax? Or do I just run the Ladder line
into the house and straight to the receiver?

(3) What about electrical interference since the ladder line isn't
shielded?

Thanks.

Ladder line questions mike Antenna 1 September 22nd 03 05:24 AM
Complex line Z0: A numerical example Roy Lewallen Antenna 11 September 13th 03 01:04 AM
A Subtle Detail of Reflection Coefficients (but important to know) Dr. Slick Antenna 199 September 12th 03 10:06 PM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM