Old November 21st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone know where I can find info on solar weather?

Wondering what the sunspot scene is like at the moment. Heard a few days
ago that it was as low as has ever been recorded. Wondering if that is
still the case... Any links would be appreciated.

TIA,

Dave (who loves picking up BBC Africa on 7160 kHz around 0400-0500)

Old November 21st 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 20, 6:23 pm, "Dave" wrote:
-
- Wondering what the sunspot scene is like at the moment.
- Heard a few days ago that it was as low as has ever been
- recorded. Wondering if that is still the case...
- Any links would be appreciated.
-
- TIA,
-
- Dave (who loves picking up BBC Africa
- on 7160 kHz around 0400-0500)

Dave,

1 - What's Up {Weather Wise} In Space
http://www.spaceweather.com/

2 - NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today.html
Featuring Today's Space Weather
* 3-Day Solar-Geophysical Forecast
* Solar X-ray Flux
-Note- Space Environment Center -changes it's name to-
Space Weather Prediction Center
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/AboutUs/index.html

3 - Current Solar Data (from NOAA) -by- N3KL
http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

4 - FAQs Space Weather and Solar Weather
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/solar_faq.html

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old November 21st 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
Wondering what the sunspot scene is like at the moment. Heard a few days
ago that it was as low as has ever been recorded. Wondering if that is
still the case... Any links would be appreciated.

TIA,

Dave (who loves picking up BBC Africa on 7160 kHz around 0400-0500)

The best site I've found for solar weather is:

dx.qsl.net and then at the main menu, choose "Propagation".

It has solar indicies, solar wind, solar flux index, SFI and A-index
forecasts, solar flare activity, background x-ray flux levels, real time
auroral activities for both hemispheres, actual SOHO photos of the sun,
gray line map, near real time MUF map and more. Your one-stop solar
weather site.
Old November 21st 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Billy Burpelson" wrote in message
.. .
Dave wrote:
Wondering what the sunspot scene is like at the moment. Heard a few days
ago that it was as low as has ever been recorded. Wondering if that is
still the case... Any links would be appreciated.

TIA,

Dave (who loves picking up BBC Africa on 7160 kHz around 0400-0500)

The best site I've found for solar weather is:

dx.qsl.net and then at the main menu, choose "Propagation".

It has solar indicies, solar wind, solar flux index, SFI and A-index
forecasts, solar flare activity, background x-ray flux levels, real time
auroral activities for both hemispheres, actual SOHO photos of the sun,
gray line map, near real time MUF map and more. Your one-stop solar
weather site.

Thank you, Billy. That was exacty what I was looking for. Simple, and to
the point (at least for me).

Aprreciated,

Dave

Old November 21st 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 6:23 pm, "Dave" wrote:
-
[...]

.

Thank you, RHF. I at first thought this was more than I was looking for,
but upon second glance I see that I has was I was wanting right up front.
My apologies for not seeing that right off. Thanks again,

Dave (who is about holiday'd out *already*)

Neat Space Weather Info at.... Jay in the Mojave CB 1 June 3rd 07 02:06 PM
SolderSmoke #30: Solar pwr, IRF 510 amp, QST 50, BITX20, rockbound rigs, solar min? [email protected] Homebrew 0 August 22nd 06 07:16 AM
Solar Weather dxAce Shortwave 0 July 14th 05 04:53 PM
(OT) Good Weather Info Site Diverd4777 Shortwave 1 December 6th 03 09:36 PM
Where to find antique (1920's) AM Radio Info? Larry Johnson Boatanchors 4 November 11th 03 04:53 AM