Old December 6th 03, 11:17 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

Since you are aware that nobody collects
such data, simple common sense should
have prevented you from making such an
unprovable statement in the first place.

No, you misunderstand my position. I'm not backing away from my

statement.
I still feel it is entirely accurate and therefore fact. However, as you
well know, I can't prove it because nobody gathers such statistics. But

that
alone doesn't change the accuracy of a statement. There is a lot of truth
and facts in this world that isn't backed up by statistics.

FEELING that something is true or false doesn't make it so. You have made
an assertion that you claim to be fact therefore it IS up to you, even in a
casual discussion to back it up with data. If that data has not been
collected, then you cannot make such an assertion until either you find a
data source or collect that data with valid statistical methods.

No one in my experience outside of ham radio knew anything about Morse code
except possibly its name. Therefore I could state that most people have not
had enough exposure to Morse code to make an educated decision on whether
they would like it or not. However since I know that this is not sufficient
data to provide proof of my opinion, I do not state it as a fact. Although
my "fact" is just as valid and accurate as your "fact". This is why
opinions are not allowed as proof of anything.

Unless you have statistical data on this, your statement is an OPINION and
nothing more.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE