Old December 20th 03, 05:21 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Oops sorry, I accidentally posted without comment

N2EY wrote:

In article .net,

"KØHB"
writes:

How much nicer if there were an "Annual Future Systems Issue".

Why not? Isn't there room for both?

How many articles have there been in QST over the past few years on PSK,

MFSK,
WSJT, digital voice, IRLP.....?

Here you have a pattern, Jim. As much as I like the new modes, All they
are is install the software and hook up the interface. Troubleshooting
is which software switch to change.

Besides that PSK, MFSK, WSJT, digital voice, and IRLP are not "future
systems". They are here now. A "future system" would have to be something
envisioned but not yet set up in hardware and software to do it. In other
words, it would need to be an issue of speculation. Now whether that would
be good or bad or popular or unpopular, I don't know.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE