Old December 23rd 03, 02:34 AM
Brian

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Brian wrote:

Steve, I think it has to do with the disincentive of Morse Code
testing. You might want to check with Len on this.

You'll pardon our confusion. You've been acting as Len's representative
for a few posts now in speaking of his motivations or lack thereof. I
wasn't aware that you'd turned the controls over to him.

Brian Burke is not my "representative" nor am I his.

You'll likely want to straighten the lad out then, Leonard. He has been
speaking for you of late.

We just happen to agree that the Morse Exam has to go and that the ARS
is divided between folks who can accept change, and those who cannot.

It is not my Life's Ambition to immortalize morse code as the
epitome of amateurism in an avocational radio activity.

I'll mark that down as yet another of things we know are not your life's
ambition. It'll be listed right under "amateur radio license".

I think working Frenchmen out of band otta be #2.

Morse code skills are needed ONLY in amateur radio...

...then it is one of those things which shouldn't bother you in the
least.

Bothers me.

according
to certain long-timers who have few other skills and ebody hatred
and bigotry against all on that one extremely important (to them)
skill in amateur radio.

I have lots of amateur radio skills, Len. Morse code proficiency is but
one of them. I use other modes and often QSO those amateurs who have no
HF access at all.

What? No Morse?

What? No HF?

Such as out of band Frenchmen on 6M?

If it is your purpose as a newsgroupie to spread malicious lies
about others, to challenge "motivations" of those not thinking as
your holiness does, then you are doing a fine job.

Please tell us what you view as an example of a malicious lie which has
been spread about you, Leonard. It can't be about your lack of
motivation toward obtaining an amateur radio license. You've declared a
decades-long interest. You bragged that you'd get an "Extra right out
of the box". A code-free exam has been available for a number of years.
Straighten us out.

I am not "motivated" to love, honor, and cherish morse code as
the embodyment of expertise in radio of past times. Been in real
HF radio communications before most of these newsgroupies
were in existance...never used morse code, never had to...but
only as a professional, not as an amateur.

I've pointed out the availability of a code-free license which provides
access to the VHF/UHF frequencies which you say are the new frontier.
Your motivation hasn't extended to obtaining one of those. You have no
incentive for overcoming your inertia.

Now that all the Techs have been chased off of VHF, where do you
'spect them to go?