Old January 10th 04, 04:56 PM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

N2EY wrote:
In article t, "KØHB"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote

So when you gonna send that proposal to the FCC?

I already did (as you knew perfectly well).

But only as a comment to another's proposal, not as a stand-alone petition.

Hopefully Hans has a ready supply of replies for the FCC to use when
people comment on his petition.

So far, Hans has sent in his ideas only as a comment to others' petitions and
proposals, Mike. He hasn't sent FCC a petition or proposal to FCC.

It just won't seem right to comment on
it there without being called stupid...oops, I mean novel! ;^)

I think that if Hans was really serious about his proposal, he'd send it off to
FCC just like the other 14 petitioners recently did. I say this because it is
highly doubtful that the major and unique features of his proposal would be
adopted by any other group such as ARRL, NCVEC, or NCI. It is also highly
doubtful that his proposal, when submitted as a comment, would have nearly so
much effect nor gather nearly so much attention as if submitted as a proposal.

If and when Hans did submit it as a petition, FCC would then most probably
assign it an RM number and take comments and reply comments on it. Which I
sense is a process that Hans wants to avoid, because there are bound to be both
supporting and opposing comments. It would be fascinating to see the
reactions....

But it's Hans ideas and therefore his call as to whetehr to submit it or not.

73 de Jim, N2EY