Old February 7th 04, 01:49 AM
Cecil Moore

Mark Keith wrote:
I'm *still* of the opinion that if you could measure the current INSIDE
the windings of the coil, a couple or three turns in from each end, you
would not see near the difference you all do.

Wes's and my modeling show a smooth current taper through the coil.
Here's the taper predicted by EZNEC through the coil for octcoil1.ez

http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/taper1.gif

I do think it's quite normal to have a slight taper, ....

Then you disagree with the guys who say it has no taper. Guess what,
Mark? That puts you on my and Yuri's side of the argument.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp