Old January 22nd 04, 05:44 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article . net,

"Dan/W4NTI"
w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com writes:

The point I have is the ARRL has proven beyond a doubt they are a bunch

of
world class hypocrites.

And who elected the directors, Dan?

I don't know who 'elected' the directors. I know I didn't.

They trash ham radio with 'Incentive Licensing' to
FORCE hams to upgrade and 'improve'.

How did "incentive licensing" trash ham radio? btw, it was FCC's idea,
and they made it clear they weren't going to leave the system alone.

It trashed ham radio by creating a CLASS system in our ranks, forcing
seperation by license class, making one feel superior and others thus
inferior. This was NOT THERE before Incentive Licensing.

The FCC did not propose Incentive Licensing. It was the ARRL back about
1963 or so. The FCC followed up on it and 'modified' it and it was
implemented beginning November of 1968.

Why do I know this? Because I read QST cover to cover while stateside in
the military. And when I went overseas I lost track due to military
activities. I returned to the USA in 1968. I operated on 7.010 and received
a notice of violation from the Cleveland Ohio FCC monitor. I was out of
band for my class of license.

Then 40 years later they totally
reverse themselves.

Who? I don't think there's a single person at Hq or in the Board of

Directors
today who was a League official of any kind back in the '60s. Most of the

'60s
BoD and Hq folks are dead.

So it's a completely different bunch that reversed the policies.

73 de Jim, N2EY