Old February 10th 04, 08:32 PM
Leo

On 10 Feb 2004 19:47:06 GMT, Alun wrote:

Leo wrote in news:1u6i20d300evmf3tgti4gjt5cp20lt8s5e@
4ax.com:

On 10 Feb 2004 09:52:50 -0800, (N2EY) wrote:

snip

Without the ARRL, do you think we'd still have amateur radio? I don't.

Um, the rest of the planet does not have the ARRL, and amateur radio
is still going strong there.....

snip

73 de Jim, N2EY

73, Leo

Ah well, Leo, they still think that the United states is the centre of the
universe (or even the center of the universe, HI!). We used to think the
same thing about the British Empire, and we were wrong too!

Good point - in the grand scheme of things, it's the ITU who is likely
to blame for the continuation of amateur radio on a global scale - the
ARRL is but one fish in the big sea (well, a whale maybe, but it's a
big sea!)

BTW - it looks like you might be back in the British Empire sooner
than you think - I saw somebody trying to show you the door a while
ago in another post hi!) No problem, as your usher noted, there's
some great SSB DX on 7.050 thru 7.100 - might be worth it!

73, Leo