Old February 12th 04, 04:51 PM
Dave Shrader

Bill Turner wrote:

SNIP

And finally, don't be persuaded by that old saying about how a two
element quad is equal to a three element yagi. So what? A three
element yagi is FAR easier to build than a two element quad.

The bottom line is this: Once the quad is up in the air, it will
generally outperform a yagi of equivalent cost. The problems lie in
getting it up in the air and keeping it there.

If I had it all to do over again, starting from scratch, I probably
would use a yagi.

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW

And, I would use a Log Periodic!! I give up about 1 dB in gain and
acquire a 13.5 MHz to 33 MHz broadband antenna, no traps, full legal
power handling capability and a VSWR 2:1 across the full range. That
means 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meters all in ONE Beam.

W1MCE