Old March 24th 04, 05:18 PM
Bert Craig

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Bert Craig wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

L wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

I got to looking at the calendar, and it's only a couple months until
Dayton!

Now that we are getting close, I wanted to get an idea of people that
thought they might be able to make the first rrap get together.

Heck, I might be able to put up some web pages on it if we can get

some
people to show up!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Good Idea! You could call it a gathering of Phil & His Freaks,
all five of you, a real Freak Show.

So you're coming too?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Sounds kewl to me, Mike. On a slightly different vein, how about the
resurrection of the r.r.a.p net? 7037 kHz, if I remember correctly. Not

ragchew, mind you, but just a simple weekly QNI.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Seems okay to me, though I might put people to sleep with my CW (or else
keep 'em awake laughing!

- mike KB3EIA -

That's ok, you've got a comic partner in me, Mike. Besides, if there's
anything I've learned on the CW bands...it's that nobody seems to laugh at
anybody's code. Quite the contrary, they all just want to help put a newbie
at ease.

I happened upon a station that was working a contest one morning and I
figured "what the heck, I'll give 'em a call. (Mind you that I had no idea
he was working a "test" as it was 4 AM and the band was still empty.) Well,
when I realized and expressed concern about wasting his valuable contesting
time just to say hi, he replied (nice and slowly) "always time to welcome a
newcomer."

73 de Bert
WA2SI

BTW, I'm halfway through toward my WAS...with 5 Watts, amazing!