Old March 23rd 04, 02:22 AM
Mike Coslo

Default rrap Get-Together

I got to looking at the calendar, and it's only a couple months until
Dayton!

Now that we are getting close, I wanted to get an idea of people that
thought they might be able to make the first rrap get together.

Heck, I might be able to put up some web pages on it if we can get some
people to show up!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old March 24th 04, 04:26 PM
Mike Coslo

Bert Craig wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

L wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

I got to looking at the calendar, and it's only a couple months until
Dayton!

Now that we are getting close, I wanted to get an idea of people that
thought they might be able to make the first rrap get together.

Heck, I might be able to put up some web pages on it if we can get some
people to show up!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Good Idea! You could call it a gathering of Phil & His Freaks,
all five of you, a real Freak Show.

So you're coming too?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Sounds kewl to me, Mike. On a slightly different vein, how about the
resurrection of the r.r.a.p net? 7037 kHz, if I remember correctly. Not a
ragchew, mind you, but just a simple weekly QNI.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Seems okay to me, though I might put people to sleep with my CW (or else
keep 'em awake laughing!

- mike KB3EIA -

Old March 24th 04, 05:18 PM
Bert Craig

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Bert Craig wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

L wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

[...]

That's ok, you've got a comic partner in me, Mike. Besides, if there's
anything I've learned on the CW bands...it's that nobody seems to laugh at
anybody's code. Quite the contrary, they all just want to help put a newbie
at ease.

I happened upon a station that was working a contest one morning and I
figured "what the heck, I'll give 'em a call. (Mind you that I had no idea
he was working a "test" as it was 4 AM and the band was still empty.) Well,
when I realized and expressed concern about wasting his valuable contesting
time just to say hi, he replied (nice and slowly) "always time to welcome a
newcomer."

73 de Bert
WA2SI

BTW, I'm halfway through toward my WAS...with 5 Watts, amazing!

Old March 24th 04, 10:49 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Seems okay to me, though I might put people to sleep with my CW (or else
keep 'em awake laughing!

Don't even worry about it. I often choke in my sending.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old April 7th 04, 04:08 AM
Arnie Macy

"Dee D. Flint" wrote ...

Don't even worry about it. I often choke in my sending.

Dee,

I worked a FISTS member the other day at about 25wpm, then got a tailender
who was working at around 10 wpm. At the end of the QSO, she thanked me for
the QRS. To be honest, I wasn't even thinking about it. We always slow
down and match the speed of the sender -- It's called courtesy. I've had
the speed demons do it for me as well.

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old April 7th 04, 04:36 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote ...

Don't even worry about it. I often choke in my sending.

Dee,

I worked a FISTS member the other day at about 25wpm, then got a tailender
who was working at around 10 wpm. At the end of the QSO, she thanked me

for
the QRS. To be honest, I wasn't even thinking about it. We always slow
down and match the speed of the sender -- It's called courtesy. I've had
the speed demons do it for me as well.

Arnie -
KT4ST

It's not the speed that's a problem. It's nerves. I worry I might make too
many mistakes and then I get to where I can't send even though I'm fine off
the air.

Contests are OK because the exchange is short. Even if I blow one, well
I've time to recover before I hunt for the next one. Got some rare DX that
way.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
(and also a FISTS member)

Old April 7th 04, 11:39 PM
Jim Hampton

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

It's not the speed that's a problem. It's nerves. I worry I might make

too
many mistakes and then I get to where I can't send even though I'm fine

off
the air.

Contests are OK because the exchange is short. Even if I blow one, well
I've time to recover before I hunt for the next one. Got some rare DX

that
way.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
(and also a FISTS member)

Hello, Dee

There have been more than a few times I'd send error ... then a pause ...
the a few wide spaced double dits ... and then send "I can't spell for
beans" ... some more dits ... and then continue LOL. That used to pose an
occasional problem when I got into a fairly high speed cw qso. Once at 40
or more, I didn't have time to try and fish an easier synonym out of my
brain box and really fowl up

All part of the fun. They never built a spell checker into the paddles

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

New game on RRAP? Len Over 21 Policy 1 February 10th 04 11:10 AM
light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
RRAP call signs in SS KØHB Policy 24 November 22nd 03 07:20 PM
Reflections on rrap Ryan, KC8PMX Antenna 0 September 24th 03 06:04 AM
The BPL of rrap Mike Coslo Policy 48 August 29th 03 12:32 AM