Old February 12th 04, 11:29 PM
mustang

Hmm, an interesting approach!
But its all about trying things!
I'll give that one a go too. It doesn't take long to wind & try!
Adrian.

Here's what I would try as a wild hair experiment. Wind the electrical
1/2WL helix and find the frequency at which the impedance is purely
resistive and
maximum. A GDO should accomplish that. That's the resonant frequency
for an
end-fed 1/2WL monopole. Use some spacing and wind the remainder of the
coil
opposite to the original, i.e. CW Vs CCW. This would theoretically put
the
fields in phase on each side of that current node. It sounds very
tricky and I have never heard of it being done before, but it might work.

And of course, this would work perfectly on only a single frequency. Off
to each side of that frequency, the problem would again manifest itself.