Old April 7th 04, 11:39 PM
Jim Hampton

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

It's not the speed that's a problem. It's nerves. I worry I might make

too
many mistakes and then I get to where I can't send even though I'm fine

off
the air.

Contests are OK because the exchange is short. Even if I blow one, well
I've time to recover before I hunt for the next one. Got some rare DX

that
way.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
(and also a FISTS member)

Hello, Dee

There have been more than a few times I'd send error ... then a pause ...
the a few wide spaced double dits ... and then send "I can't spell for
beans" ... some more dits ... and then continue LOL. That used to pose an
occasional problem when I got into a fairly high speed cw qso. Once at 40
or more, I didn't have time to try and fish an easier synonym out of my
brain box and really fowl up

All part of the fun. They never built a spell checker into the paddles

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---