Old April 28th 04, 12:39 AM
Mike Coslo

Jack Twilley wrote:

"Tom" == garigue writes:

[...]

Tom Yep with one of those new fangled voice machines.

Ugh! You've hit my primary pet peeve with contesting.

Tom The above is in response to what one hears in contesting in
Tom addition to a lot of bad manners and yes that happens on CW also
Tom ergo KI3R does his "needle point" that weekend.

Those "voice keyers" annoy me more than anything, even "CW keyers". I
felt like jumping into a QSO Party a few weeks ago but *five*
different stations had voice keyers calling CQ every thirty seconds
and didn't acknowledge my response. Honestly, if you can't talk into
the radio for the length of the contest, then maybe you should take a
break.

Voice keyers in my opinion are just plain wrong.

Agreed, I don't like keyers at all. If I made contest rules, they would
be outlawed. Get caught using a keyer, and yer out!

I've been in contests where the timeing is set so close between CQ's
that there isn't time to get in a reply. I suppose the idiot wonders why
he's getting no one coming back.

hmmm, maybe an op could get mults for turning in keyers! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -