Old June 5th 04, 11:50 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article , "Jim Hampton"
writes:

The gentleman in question with the antenna may well have been professional;
my point is that most inventors are doing something they enjoy. Come to
think of it, how many folks are continually involved in something they
*don't* like?

Irrelevant. Another stressed that the "invention" was because of his
being a radio amateur. Solely so, so much that nearly all of the
URI news release was omitted.

The rest of the post was irrelevent since the antenna itself was
not of importance.

What WAS of importance was that a non-Amateur Radio media source
felt compelled to mention, early on I might add, that the person
responsible for this project was a licensed Amateur.

The POINT being that Sir Scummy of Lanark was once again proven
wrong...Amateurs ARE still involved in "advancement of the radio art",
and someone felt stongly enouhg about it to emphasize it in a news
release.

Lennie often raves in this forum about how Amateurs don't do this
kind of thing.

And of course he can't stand it and will spin this into the
ground.

Too late. The egg's already been cracked and he's wearing it.

Sorry Lennie. Proven wrong by example again.

Steve, K4YZ