Old June 10th 04, 06:10 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

Nope don't think so as the W10XEG dates back to the 1930's
Latest is it was probably an experimental commercial call issued for a
station in NY. Holder worked for RCA

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"
"K Networking" wrote in message
There is a pirate (unlicensed) station which has used a call sign very
similar to that for years. Wonder if the operator has any relation to
what you are talking about?

Mike

"Keyboard In The Noise" wrote in message
The originator of the W10XEG question supplies the following new info:

Actually, the W10 call is most likely a commercial call. There were

several
'repeaters' that were used very early in the establishment of the radio,

and
then commercial television networks - it may be one of those. The X is

for
experimental, no doubt. My Dad was very active with RCA very early on.

The
first experimental TV signals in NYC were on 21 MHz, broadcast from the
Empire State Bldg - my Dad was chief engineer for the transmitter. One

of
the many experimental transmitters he put on the air was W10XEG - I just
have no data about it at all.