Old July 17th 04, 09:56 PM
N2EY

In article 5jeKc.97991$JR4.6118@attbi_s54, "King Zulu"
writes:

But when it come to this BPL junk, it's a case of big money
vs. logical technological decisions - and both the Democrats and Republicans
are subject to the big money payoffs.

But in this specific case, it's the Republicans who are pushing bad technology.

So, either party can take a shot at
fixing our economy and our international problems, but if Nader would take a
position against the power-industry-sponsored PAC bribes and their special
interest BPL agenda - he can have my vote.

Look what happened in 2000.

And I would hope (with an
anti-BPL position) Nader would also receive a lot of other votes from
concerned radio amateurs and communications people who care about the use
and abuse of the radio spectrum we all share. Nader won't win, but if the
votes he gets are enough to swing the election to either of the two major
parties, maybe - just maybe- the concerns of the almost half-million US
radio amateurs won't be ignored by both major parties, and some rational
appointments (technical, not all political) to the FCC Commission will
result. Just a dream, I know.

No, a nightmare.

Back in 2000, Nader got enough votes in Florida to ultimately tip that state to
Bush. Similar goings-on happened in other states. Exit polling of Nader voters
showed that if Ralph hadn't run, half of his voters would have gone to Gore, a
quarter to Bush and the other quarter to even smaller parties or they would
have stayed home. If you look at how many votes Nader got in Florida and
elsewhere, it's clear that if the above percentages had gone to Gore and Bush
we'd have a different team in the White House today.

In effect, by splitting Gore's support, Nader put Bush in the White House.
That's why the Green Party refused to support him this time around.

Remember Ross Perot? He did the same thing for Bill Clinton - twice! By
splitting the support for Papa Bush in 92 and Dole in 96, he allowed Clinton to
be elected with less than a popular majority.

But as long as our political leadership is
determined by who gets the biggest PAC bribes for their re-election, it
really doesn't matter which party has control.

Sounds like a rationale to avoid saying Bush's support of BPL is a bad thing.

The idea that a Nader vote will somehow stop BPL is misguided. I don't know
whether a vote for Kerry will help in the BPL fight, but you can be sure that a
vote for Nader will simply help reelect Bush.

And remember this plain, simple fact:

A vote for Bush is a vote for BPL.

73 de Jim, N2EY