Old February 20th 04, 11:17 PM
Mark Keith

Cecil Moore wrote:

Mark Keith wrote:
Actually, I have tried it on 10m and most other bands. "I do have 80m
dipoles". But no, the dipole never beat the 5/8 GP.

Fed with coax, and no doubt, laying on the ground.

Yep, fed with coax, but being the mismatch wasn't that large in the real
world, the loss shouldn't have been overly bad. Actually, I think it was
nearly resonant. or under 3:1 anyway...The antenna was at 36 ft. Hardly
on the ground.

It's like when I was out camping using a ladder line fed 80m, 130 ft
dipole. I tried it on ten. It was pathetic due to the overly high takeoff
angles. I'm talking terrible.

Perhaps, you had a cold solder joint (maybe on purpose so you could
report what you are reporting?) Your results just don't make sense.

Worked fine on 80 and 40. My results make sense to me. But I'm a flat
earther. Well, unless I'm high up in a jet. Then I can tell it slightly
curves a bit. But when I'm on the ground, the earth does seem fairly
flat. So it must be...MK

--
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k