Old February 20th 04, 11:48 PM
Cecil Moore

Mark Keith wrote:
Yep, fed with coax, but being the mismatch wasn't that large in the real
world, the loss shouldn't have been overly bad.

Egads, that is the whole problem. The mismatch was terrible.

It's like when I was out camping using a ladder line fed 80m, 130 ft
dipole. I tried it on ten. It was pathetic due to the overly high takeoff
angles.

Absolutely false! The TOA of a 130 ft. dipole on 10m is about 10 degrees.
MOM+physics, not your feelings, dictate that fact.

But when I'm on the ground, the earth does seem fairly
flat. So it must be...MK

Yep, that's what the Catholic priests told Galileo so it must be true.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp