Old October 15th 04, 03:26 AM
Brian Kelly

Default BPL Has Arrived: One HFer's Take On it

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/10/14/1/?nc=1

So we'll have to deal with it. But it could have been a *whole* lot
worse if the FCC hadn't (grudgingly) paid attention to ham radio's
squawks about the interference problem.

BPL is going to be out there but it'll be far from the original slash
and burn form espoused by it's big biz proponents and supported by
it's political sycophants. This R&O gives us HFers the tools we need
to ward off BPL if the crap actually becomes a problem in your
neighborhood.

A tiny, obscure number of us radio hobbyists in a population
approaching 300 million has had a visible impact on a hot potato issue
with a high-visibility federal regulatory agency. We couldn't have
reasonably expected more. We done good despite the doomsayers
nonsense.

But a Haynie has put it the devil may yet be in the so far undisclosed
details of this R&O so stay tuned . .

w3rv