Old October 26th 04, 10:55 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u
s_election

I've often wondered what the world would be like today if we'd let the
Krauts take the Kremlin back then instead of backing Stalin . . And
THEN have creamed the Krauts.

They almost did! But Adolf managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by
such dumb moves as dividing his invasion force and exterminating rather than
befriending the Ukranians.

The high point of German occupation of the USSR came just before Pearl Harbor.
Then they started being pushed back. Had Stalin lost, the western alliance
would have had the job of defeating a Germany that had USSR's resources behind
it, and no second front.

Scary

73 de Jim, N2EY