Old December 19th 04, 05:16 AM
robert casey

Generally they will slow down to the speed at which you contact them. If
they do not, send QRS. If 15wpm is your comfort speed, you can even send
QRS 15 so they know what you need.

You could run a tape machine to record the contacts so if
you did miss something just replay it later.

On phone
contests I'll answer a contester CQ with my callsign,
he repeats it, then gives me a report of some sort, and
serial numbers or whatever. Then I say "Your 59 in NNJ,
your number is 007". Then he then proceeds to the next
contact. That's when I get his callsign to write it in
the log. I don't compete, but I like contests for a
steady supply of quick QSOs to see how far my signal
goes...