Old December 21st 04, 02:56 AM
Mike Coslo

Steve Robeson K4YZ wrote:
Subject: Mode/Band Use in 1961
From: Mike Coslo
Date: 12/20/2004 4:01 PM Central Standard Time
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

Ahh, you told me that it was the last time you were going to ask in your
last post

IN WHAT WAY???

Oooooooooooooooooohhhh...Mike got Lennie MAD! ! ! !

It does appear that way, Steve.

But he did post:

*** Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
*** ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
*** that question challenge on your respective claims...

Lennie making D E M A N D S ! ! ! !

Of course we ASK Lennie for info, and we get reams and reams of rants and
ramblings.

You are trying to be clever and obfuscate with a non-answer.

That only proves you have NO answer at all.

I give no answer.

Lennie is still seething over my refusal to re-post my USMC MOS's. Gave
them to him twice...He still can't seem to wade his way through old posts and
e-mail to dig them out.

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

What I said was about you relating your stories to us...

I just relate factual history, uncolored by morsemanship bias
from the BoD at Newington.

"Factual history" like lumping his rear-area radio mechanic Army tour in
with the sacrifices of Soldiers who were KIA three years before Lennie was even
inducted.

Of course if anyone EXCEPT Lennie relates a tale of an event more than 48
hours old, Lennie will launch right back into another of his "standards of the
1930's" rants.

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA.

Incorrect.

My OPINION is my OPINION. You cannot call it "incorrect" or
"correct."

My opinion of your opinion is that your opinion is incorrect as far as
my enjoyment of your stories of your experience.

My "enjoyment" came several years ago when Lennie was trying to play
one-upmanship over his "career"...He screwed up and dropped the name of a
military facility that I had also served at. I spoke with persons I knew there
who would have been in a place and circumstance to know Lennie. He did. He
was less than complimentary of Lennie, Lennie's skills and knowledge. That
made it all worth it!

Not in THIS venue which is supposedly about AMATEUR RADIO POLICY,
not world socio-politics as some want it.

Sigh, there hasn't been much talk in here about Morse lately, which is
just fine with me. You really should start a moderated group, in which
all participants *have* to talk about Morse code.

THIS NEWSGROUP was BEGUN to take the morse code test
controversy off of rec.radio.amateur.misc.

Ooooooppppssssss......There Lennie goes with one of his "in the past"
rantings.

Of course Lennie will tell us that just because somethig "was" one way
decades ago, it is no basis for doing "it" that way in the present...and in
that narrow regard he is right.

The PROBLEM is, of course, that Lennie does NOT follow his own rhetoric.

Case in point:

You are NOT, nor ever were, any "moderator" in here. This
newsgroup is an UNmoderated one and open to anyone with
access to the Internet.

Here wwe have Lennie trying to be the moderator that he claims the
newsgroup does NOT have.

YOU do NOT "own" anything in here just by existing here, despite
your apparent territorial imperative feelings.

Funny how NO ONE ever claims ANY "territorial imperitive feelings" EXCEPT
Lennie...the foregoing attempt to redirect you on what HE (Lennie) perceives
the SOLE topic of this NG is supposed to be.

Maybe he meant tutorial imperitive?

Who knows, but one thing I have found to be true over the years is that
if a person has certain goals and wants to hide their motives, the fist
step is to accuse others of having those same goals.

I really do think he would be happy to have his own Morse code oriented
newsgroup with him as the moderator. Maybe.

Suffice it to say that I do, and that I only mention it since you find
it important that I was not a member of the uniformed services. It is
your gauge, not mine.

So...you CANNOT answer. Because you have NONE?

Yeah, that's right, I have none, that's the ticket! Believe that if you

wish. 8^)

Still a NON-answer. Are you afraid of the truth?

Oh, there's someone here who's afraid of the truth, alright, and it's
Leonard H Anderson!

That would be an idiotic thing to lie about.

It is done all the time by the "Rambo-wannabees." In some cases by
"militia" people going out and playing sojer in da woods and posturing
about their "warriorhood." Ptui.

The ONLY person herein "posturing" about "warriorhood" is Lennie...Case in
point the hundreds of posts signed with his former Army service number.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Enjoy the holidays Len.

Thank you, I always do.

However, no bets on the "traditional" hypocritical posting to come
before Christmas where the Avenging Angle borrows all the trite
phrases to "wish everyone a happy holiday"...even to his "opponents"
who he calls all kinds of names all the other days of the year.

Of course Lennie has never even once, even before the flame war
completely ignited, acknowledged a single holiday or "event" greeting. That's
because Lennie is a creep.

So...what mode/band did Coslo use in 1961? :-)

I was a wee lad of 7 in 1961. I did however get a citizens band
walkie-talkie in either 1964 or 1965, followed by a Lafayette HE20C two
years later. I was too young to have a license, so my parents got one.
KBM-8780 was the callsign.

KHG-8459. Later followed by KEQ-1570, but by then I was a Commission
licensee in my own right with both a station AND operator permit.

Lennie doesn't hold ANY station license in ANY radio service.

Pity the "radio professional" whose sole access to hobby radio is
dependent upon Part's 15 and 95.

Its a tangled web for sure.

Here's to a happy and fun holiday season to you and the rest of the
Robeson family.

- Mike KB3EIA -