Old January 9th 05, 04:19 PM
David Edmonds

Airy R. Bean wrote:

I understand that Yankland has discontinued its Novice class
of licence, almost contemporaneously with Britland starting
the gangrenous degeneration that is the M3/CB Fools' Licence
scheme. As this scheme is little more than a bad joke, it being
possible to obtain a licence no later than two days after having
heard of it despite having no technical knowledge at all, is it
appropriate to petition the FCC to make it a felony for any
Yankland hams to QSO with an M3/CB Fools' Licensee on
the Ham Bands?

You'll get no friends by calling the USA any other name...

Unless we take a stand _NOW_ against this blatant CBisation
of Ham Radio, we may find that we are all treated as CBers
by our national governments in years to come.

He's ran out of alcohol again and started on the machine oil by the
looks of things! Please, anyone thinking of taking this guy seriously,
please search for 'Airy R Bean' on google and see what you're taking on!

Are we proud of being hams with all that is implied by the
efforts to get that licence, or are we no more than CBers,
and content to let the rot develop further?

Beware - Airy R Bean - or Gareth Alun Evans, G4SDW, uses the word 'we'
in very slack ways - he really should say 'I personally' as no-one in
the UK wishes to be part of his 'we'.

Act now! Refuse to QSO with the M3/CBers and
petition the FCC to make it a felony!

Get your petition started old bean - would you like members of the
uk.radio.amateur newsgroup to visit you to sign your paper petition for you?

Maybe we could bring you some beer at the same time?

David.