Old October 3rd 03, 04:38 AM
Art Clemons

Sheellah wrote:

I'm trying to get the Coast to Coast show, but because I'm in a
highrise surrounded by concrete, I get no AM reception. I just get
static and a hum. Can an antenna be hooked up to the radio that would
end outside my window to pick up the signal? There is also a building*
on*one*side,*but*it*is*clear*for*quite a bit outside my window.

An antenna outside your highrise isn't likely to do you much good, but
placing a radio with a large ferrite coil/receiving loop in your window
and turning said radio to increase the AM signal might greatly help.
Radio Shack also sells a loop that can increase signals you receive by
coupling to the present loop you have. I assume that you have a decent
radio like for example the approximately $50 GE Super Radio with a
large loop. If you're for example trying to use your stereo or tuner,
it likely lacks a good enough AM antenna