Old December 20th 03, 06:38 AM
David Eduardo

"Sven Franklyn Weil" wrote in message
In article , David Eduardo wrote: can
attest to the potential of better quality. AM IBOC on the couple of
receivers we have sounds better than some of the more squashed FMs in

Yeah but I bet its trashing the analog signal that people are
listening to. WOR in New York sounds like a buzz-saw when its running
IBOC. Not that it's any better at night anymore either. Music sounds
all distorted and clipped.

We bought a dozen or so average consumer radios, from a walkman to a boom
box to a clock radio, and whatever is in between. On every one, the music in
analog sounds as good as it did before, and switching the IBOC on and off
produced during several days of testing no significant differences on
average radios.

The only thing that IBOC requires is a narrower analog bandwidth. The
processing stays the same, and most radios sound identical as they have
limited bandwidth to begin with.