Old April 16th 04, 03:52 PM
Bob Haberkost

You people who always slag the Texars....it's pretty obvious that you don't
know how to use them.

In the times when I used Texars, in just this sort of configuration, it was
little trouble to have the LOUDEST signal on the dial (with no overmod) yet
sound so much like the source that it was virtually impossible to
differentiate between the source and the air product. Before the Texar was
the big rage it was in the mid 80's, it was virtually a secret weapon in the
processor wars that were running in Pittsburgh....although it's worth noting
that most of my competition had them, too...they just couldn't make them
sound as good.

Computers are pretty worthless tools when one doesn't know how to use them,
either.

If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not
living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Canadian Prime Minister - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

"John Higdon" wrote in message
In article ,
(Robert Zachrisson) wrote:

I have recently come over a used Optimod 8100 whitch is modified with
the Texar RCF-1 unit.
Anyone have any info on the Texar mod?
Any info would be helpful.

The most helpful advice I can probably give you is to attempt to return
the unit to stock Orban and throw the Texar away.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid | SF: +1 415 428-COWS
+1 408 264 4115 | Anytown, USA | FAX: +1 408 264 4407